Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of this brand name Powerbass or currently using them. I know of one place here locally that carries it and I've check around their website. Everything looks legit and seems like they could be up there with the Rockford, Alpine, or JL Audio. Powerbass prices are way cheaper too compare to those brand name I mentioned. I need some testimonials here guys, or anyone who's into the audio world for awhile. When I ask about this product to different car audio place I'm getting replies like "its a generic brand, they don't make good quality products, they're pretty down there in the industry, etc" Of course it's expected too since I don't see them carries any Powerbass products so I thought I wanna get some input from you guys.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've heard really good things about the Powerbass ASA amps. They do rated power and are pretty clean for a good price. On all of the other amps I've heard they don't do rated and you have to really watch your voltage and make sure it doesn't drop too low or they will blow easily.

Haven't heard anything about the subs.

I would probably trust the ASA amps, everything else I would try and find something else.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking into their new XAX amps. The XAX 5640FD to be specific. It's a 5 channel amp pushing 100W to the 4 speakers and 200W for the sub at 4 Ohm. I'm just not sold on getting them yet.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
if you want a 5ch amp then find something with more *** on the sub side. 2x the wattage going to the doors is minimum at best. if it were 50w to the doors and 200w to the sub that would be much better. 50/250 would be even better. im not a big fan of the 5ch amps myself and prefer 2 amps over a single "do it all" kind of amp.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am a dealer for powerbass and all the amps and subs I have used have been nothing but impressive. the new xax amps are very nice. They use the same power supply as the arc audio xxd amps. Highly recomended.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
the subs are generic. for a while they used the same parts as audiopipe, alphasonik, and a few others. doesnt mean its a bad product, it just means they are using an existing design from the build house. they dont have an oustanding reputation like JL or RF, but they dont have a bad reputation like Boss or Audiobahn, if you catch my drift.

they should perform as advertised, but dont expect miracles.

the only 5 channel amps i can think to recommend are from memphis. they have plenty of clean power, and arent wimpy on the sub channel.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, havent checked out this thread for awhile, lol my bad. Thanks for the replies fellas.

I am a dealer for powerbass and all the amps and subs I have used have been nothing but impressive. the new xax amps are very nice. They use the same power supply as the arc audio xxd amps. Highly recomended.
The guy who sells powerbass products at where I'm at isn't much of a talker. Not that I'm in there just talking non sense, just to chit chat. I don't know much about car audio stuffs so I am actually in there trying to figure out what I want and what's best for me. So the least any seller could do is to spend the time hearing my questions and explaining any info that I don't quite get. All he wanted to do was to sell!!!

the subs are generic. for a while they used the same parts as audiopipe, alphasonik, and a few others. doesnt mean its a bad product, it just means they are using an existing design from the build house. they dont have an oustanding reputation like JL or RF, but they dont have a bad reputation like Boss or Audiobahn, if you catch my drift.

they should perform as advertised, but dont expect miracles.

the only 5 channel amps i can think to recommend are from memphis. they have plenty of clean power, and arent wimpy on the sub channel.
I've come to decide that I'd rather run 2 separate amps, one for the speakers and the other for the subs. There's a place here in Oahu called Progressive Auto and they mainly sells JL Audio. The guy in there is awesome, he thoroughly explain to me any questions I had. Too bad I have to leave for deployment next weekend so I'm really not in the position to wanting to get this done NOW. Anyhow I was looking at JL Audio XD series amps and I'm wanting to push around 75W to all the speakers and 175-200W for the sub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts