Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to get the AiRaid cold air intake soon and I was thinking about getting the PowerAid spacer at the same time. I've heard thatthe spacer makes a wistling sound. Do any of you guys have the spacer and how much does it wistle? The performance gains sound good, but I don't want to have a loud wistle.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
StormNISMO said:
Mines whistles but its not very loud. You can't really hear it when the hood is closed.
DITTO! :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
do you guys think it is possible to add the spacer with the stock piping?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
It will work just fine! When I take the AirAid CAI off and put the stock airbox back on, I leave the TBS in place and have no problems!

·
Registered
69 Posts
With the spacer have you folks noticed more power/torque? I had one on my '01 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab, and did not notice any power gains. Also on one of the Sonoma forums, they said it was a waste of money, and recommended people not to get it, not worth the money. What have you folks expericned. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
pukas84 said:
With the spacer have you folks noticed more power/torque? I had one on my '01 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab, and did not notice any power gains. Also on one of the Sonoma forums, they said it was a waste of money, and recommended people not to get it, not worth the money. What have you folks expericned. Thanks.
I heard that it was a waste of money as well, and I got a lot of heckling when I ordered mine (I think I was one of the first), but I'm very happy with the results!

Having said that, you're not going to see any difference it you were to put your truck on a Dyno, because it probably adds nothing to the HP, and what torque it does supply is at rpms below what most dynos measure!

Where you will see it is in the low end (launching from a dead stop) and the mid range (mergeing onto the freeway). I also saw an increase in gas mileage. So, driveability improves considerbly, even though you may never be able to capture it on a graph. Just remember, HP normally peaks at the top of the rpm band, very near red-line! Torque is what you feel when you take off, and that's what get the truck moving! It also helps with towing as it will hold speed on an incline beter and not search for gears!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts