Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 'power windows' are not powerful at all, especially when it gets cold. Has anybody else had this problem? Is it the motor or the regulator? How much did id cost to fix?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Power Windows

I really haven't run across any very cold weather, but my power windows are pretty strong and i haven't had any problems. Mabye you should make a trip to the dealer....

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Xterra completely stopped while I was hunting one cold day. I had to help it up all the way. I took it to the dealer. They could not duplicate it and it never happened again..

·
Registered
41 Posts
never had any problems, wasn't really a super cold winter this year though, nothing below zero this year. But in comparison to my old 1 ton chevy they're like turbo windows.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Mine are pretty quick if ya ask me. The only issue I have is a strange creaking noise when I put the drivers window all the way up. Its as if the window is being forced up too far. My brother says he has the same issue w/ his '04 Xterra. I've about gotten used 2 it, so I didnt feel the need to go to the stealership w/ it, but has anyone else had this problem and come across a fix?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
bwarren228,

If you have in channel window vents sometimes they creak when going up all of the way. Just a thought.

OkieScot

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Get you some silicone spray and use the straw that comes with it and spray your window channel rubbers and that will help your glass go up.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
I wish my problem was just window vents. I have no vent visors though and it still makes a bad creaking noise when it goes all the way up. Going down, sometimes it seems to jump or skip a little part of the way down. I'm wondering if its slightly off track or something. I'll probably have 2 take it to the dealer and see what they can do for me.

·
Registered
345 Posts
bwarren228 said:
I wish my problem was just window vents. I have no vent visors though and it still makes a bad creaking noise when it goes all the way up. Going down, sometimes it seems to jump or skip a little part of the way down. I'm wondering if its slightly off track or something. I'll probably have 2 take it to the dealer and see what they can do for me.
reading that makes me think it is something with the track or motor...i have in channel vents on mine, and the first couple of weeks the motor sounded stressed as it closed and had a creaking sound, but that went away...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts