Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! So i live in San Francisco and have to do a lot of parallel parking, well all of a sudden my power steering went out!!! It is not leaking too bad, but I JUST GOT MY OIL CHANGE AT THE DEALERSHIP TODAY!!! grrrrrrr do you think this is someones fault? anyone have a recall on this? :serious: its a brand new pro4x with 2000 miles

·
Registered
27 Posts
Call the dealership and have them tow it and bring a loaner car to you. Dont drive it or you will possibly damage the power steering pump, which then the dealer will claim negligence/misuse and abuse.

·
Registered
575 Posts
San Francisco Nissan has been nothing short of excellent to deal with in regards to several warranty issues I've had since I bought the truck new (in Petaluma) in late 2014. Go there, they'll get you sorted.

Also, I can't think of anything they could have done during an oil change that would affect the power steering in any way. My money is on bad luck/factory defect (hose, pump, something else...). It's a machine - these things happen sometimes. That said, it can't hurt to relay the timing of the work vs. the ps failure...might give them something to look for just to cover the liability bases.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the heads up, just dropped off to the dealership in SF.... will keep you all posted.... hope snow whites ok..... :frown:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so high pressure hose connector was loose. The checked the whole system, torqued the connector, bled and was topped off! yay! easy fix no parts needed time for the frontier to get dirty again

·
Registered
575 Posts
Glad it got sorted painlessly. I need to find another warranty issue soon...my truck needs a wash. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hope you didn't have to pay for it. Good that they managed to get the issue solved for you in record time too! Did you get a loan vehicle like @wickedklown suggested. I'm just curious what kind of car they'd pass to you to tide you over while fixing up your car in the meanwhile.

·
Premium Member
6,402 Posts
Hope you didn't have to pay for it. Good that they managed to get the issue solved for you in record time too! Did you get a loan vehicle like @wickedklown suggested. I'm just curious what kind of car they'd pass to you to tide you over while fixing up your car in the meanwhile.
Every time I've gone in for warranty work I have been given a beige on beige 4 door 4 cylinder sedan of some sort.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well im kinda of a busy person and didn't have time to wait for a tow in the morning lol so I had it towed first thing at 8am and no they didn't give me a rental, my work is right down the street and I take public transit, so no car needed. I dropped it off at 830 and they had it ready for me to pick up within 2/3 hours, perfect timing. If you are curious WHY I didn't get a rental, its because I live in downtown and sometimes having a car is more of a pain in the *** then not having one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts