Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just noticed when i was changing my engine oil and there was pwer steering fluid coming down from the connnection to the pump. I tightened it and sprayed some brakleen to see if it leaks anymore. But my questions are
1. I put stop leak type of power steering fluid when i first put the new power steering fluid, will that screw up anything with the pump or anything relating to it?
Thank you in advanced

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well i just noticed when i was changing my engine oil and there was pwer steering fluid coming down from the connnection to the pump. I tightened it and sprayed some brakleen to see if it leaks anymore. But my questions are
1. I put stop leak type of power steering fluid when i first put the new power steering fluid, will that screw up anything with the pump or anything relating to it?
Thank you in advanced
All that stop leak stuff does is swell the seal around the shaft, to slow down a leak. You were probably alright just tightening the connection, so long as it stopped leaking. You can always drain and flush the pwr strg system and refill with the right stuff to put your mind at ease. Mechanics in the can are good for emergencies, only.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.