Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i checked my power steering fluid level and i just finished drive about 10 minutes so everything should be at the right hot temp. I checked it and it was on the max cold line and not the max hot line. Anyone know if thats wrong? whats the right way putting more fluid so i dont over fill?? any help would be great.. also at 1st gear theres a little vibration on the gas pedal and wierd like moaning noise when i steer. sounds like somethings sorta rubbing but not metal to metal type of rubbing. Could that be the steering?

·
Registered
584 Posts
My old Jeeps steering wheel used to 'pulsate' if you were driving slow and turning the wheel. I never felt it through the gas pedal. I definitely haven't heard anything in my truck. Why don't you top it up and see if anything changes?

If you've ever driven older Fords, you'll know what a loud power steering system sounds like.

·
Registered
378 Posts
well i checked my power steering fluid level and i just finished drive about 10 minutes so everything should be at the right hot temp. I checked it and it was on the max cold line and not the max hot line. Anyone know if thats wrong? whats the right way putting more fluid so i dont over fill?? any help would be great.. also at 1st gear theres a little vibration on the gas pedal and wierd like moaning noise when i steer. sounds like somethings sorta rubbing but not metal to metal type of rubbing. Could that be the steering?
A 10 min drive is not long enough to get the fluid hot. As long as the level is between max hot and max cold, you're fine. You may have air in the system or a weak pump if you have alot of noise when you steer. Check your steering from lock to lock, make sure nothings binding or bent. Make sure the hoses aren't pinched or kinked.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i'll try these.. do i just put regular power steering fluid or is nissan only use a certain one?

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
wassup bossman anyway just letting you know that the powersteering fluid for our trucks are ATF. It's the red fluid from nissan itself. I used a diff. type of power steerng fluid which was clear and i just needed to use the oem fluid just for a ease. But letting you know that it pretty pricey for the bottle. shoots man.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its alright to mix it?? different brands?? becuz my dealer will definitly call aroudn and check prices..

·
Registered
378 Posts
its alright to mix it?? different brands?? becuz my dealer will definitly call aroudn and check prices..
So long as you use power steering fluid, you will be fine. Do not use ATF in it's place. Nissan say's, so long as you use Nissan power steering fluid, OR, it's equivalent, you will be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts