Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a power mirror on the driver side but a manual on the passenger side.

Can I just install a new power mirror?

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I have a power mirror on the driver side but a manual on the passenger side.
So DUMB of Nissan, having the power window where driver could reach out to adjust, but manual mirror when driver might have to get out/adjust/get back in, check, etc. half a dozen times. That said: Mrs. Cusser had a 1982 Pontiac Firebird that was like that !!!

Can I just install a new power mirror?
My 1st generation 2004 Frontier has power mirrors on both sides (my 1998 is manual on both). I would guess if one was handy enough that mirrors and switches/parts from a 1st generation Frontier could be obtained from a parts yard and installed. You might want to pull both sides to make sure the mirrors match.

If you're asking whether there is a wiring harness for such hidden inside there, or if a right-side power mirror could simply be ordered: I don't know.

Now, my daughter has a 1998 Pathfinder, think that's power mirror or passenger side. So possibly that's an option too.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I was hoping someone would tell me that the wiring is there and I just need to get a mirror and put it on. :)

But I decided to just pull the mirror and have a look. Until, I saw that you need to pull the door panel first.

I can live with a manual mirror. :)

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Lol, I hardly move mine as I am the only driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
674 Posts
If you have all manual panel yet there is more than just speaker wires going through the jamb then there must be unused plugs behind your panel for electric windows mirrors and locks

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Lol, I hardly move mine as I am the only driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Right! So its just not worth it.

If you have all manual panel yet there is more than just speaker wires going through the jamb then there must be unused plugs behind your panel for electric windows mirrors and locks

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Hmmm, you know what? When I was looking at it today I don't recall seeing speaker wires in the jamb or anything else for that matter.

Oh well, not an issue anyway.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so the speaker wires are there. Of course they are.

They are higher up than I expected so maybe that's why I missed them.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE:

I was installing some new speakers and window tracks so I had the door panels off. I remembered this thread about the mirror and started looking. When I pulled the mirror off there were 3 cut wires right there. Weird.

But when I followed them I found the harness behind the door panel. Just below the tweeter (it was still connected). So I checked the replacement power window on RA and it has the connector. So I ordered one.

I now have a power window on the passenger side!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like somebody replaced a broken mirror with the cheapest part they could find, and cut the wires, since they didn't connect anywhere to the new mirror. Is your mirror heated?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I liked it when I had it on a different car. Not sure how relevant it really is now that I have a garage at home and live outside of an area with freezing rain, but it would a nice feature to add to my 2016 S.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts