Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Started up my 05 Nismo manual this morning, and about 5 seconds after it died. Turned key again and after a couple seconds turning, it started back up, hesitantly. The tach was bouncing around a little.

Noticed as I was getting on the highway that I had no power anymore. Felt like basically first little bit of pedal would be all you got no matter how far you depressed it. The whole ride the tach was bouncing around a bit by probably a few hundred either way. After getting off highway, tach sits still at idle.

Starting it up again after getting to work, and the truck sitting for about 1 hour, the process repeated. Started right up, no issues, then died a few seconds later. Turned it for a few seconds, eventually started, but this time threw a P0335 and the SLIP light came on.

Looking into this, it says crankshaft position sensor. I know the dealer I bought it from said there was a previous SES light and replaced the cam sensors and fixed it. Are cam and crankshaft sensors different?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So it seems like crank sensor is the answer, so I picked one up and will update after.

Sidenote, while poking around the truck a bit more since I'm in here, it looks like I may be missing some bolts from tranny and manifold I think. And an exhaust gasket. Unless this is one of those situations where it looks like there should be a bolt, but none actually go there. Couldn't find any good pics to confirm. Thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like that did it. New sensor must be a new version, as the sensor part is more cylindrical than the old one. Was also interesting how it's not quite an airtight fit in the hole it goes in. Old one definitely looked like crap.

Now just to see about those potentially missing bolts from the previous post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
V8 man
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing