Nissan Frontier Forum banner

5001 - 5020 of 5051 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Could not keep the low profiles "stuck", and the in channel allows the window to be open further,
I just installed mine and they are pretty single application... If you peel em back they don't go one again. I'm going to get some silicon under them I think

·
Registered
505 Posts
Also tbh pretty poor quality product as far as the cutting etc. Shocked. Expected more from avs
Yea part of the problem at least with the rear window pieces are mine were warped, plastic parts shrink and warp, these were warped in a direction that put constant pressure in the tape, I even bought HD 3M tape the second time around,,,, they still pulled loose, so I just went ahead and ordered the in channel style.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,788 Posts
Yea part of the problem at least with the rear window pieces are mine were warped, plastic parts shrink and warp, these were warped in a direction that put constant pressure in the tape, I even bought HD 3M tape the second time around,,,, they still pulled loose, so I just went ahead and ordered the in channel style.
3M VHB will keep em in place.
I have the WeatherTech in channels and the logo on them can be easily removed.
There's no turning back once the in channels form the rubber window moldings.

·
Registered
289 Posts
A lil super glue mixed into some silicone also did the trick. They aren't going anywhere till I want them to

·
Registered
505 Posts
I had that 3M stuff the second time around on the low profiles, thats the biggest reason I went with In Channel this time

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's whatever, don't like the hood scoop but I wanted the vents.
Thanks for the feedback. I am considering the same Trackspec universal GT2 vent that was on the 2019 SEMA desert runner from Nissan. I fabbed an aluminum cover to block the pass through in the fender so now I want to keep the engine bay temps down.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
319 Posts
My trusty steed... Saved the day. My work, on occasion, requires me to do out of the ordinary things, like pumping out multiple in-ground pools. Rented a 3” pump but I didn’t account for how heavy it was - no way for me to remove it from the truck or load it back in the bed (I was by myself). So, I managed to clear a path in a ton of storm debris for my truck. It was really close - a bigger truck would not have been able to do what I did. Also, I had it flexed big on a number of large rocks. Nothing phased it... Probably had around 700 lbs in the bed. Oh, and it started pouring rain shortly after I got set up... That pump moved about 40,000 gallons of water for me that day!

·
Registered
505 Posts
My trusty steed... Saved the day. My work, on occasion, requires me to do out of the ordinary things, like pumping out multiple in-ground pools. Rented a 3” pump but I didn’t account for how heavy it was - no way for me to remove it from the truck or load it back in the bed (I was by myself). So, I managed to clear a path in a ton of storm debris for my truck. It was really close - a bigger truck would not have been able to do what I did. Also, I had it flexed big on a number of large rocks. Nothing phased it... Probably had around 700 lbs in the bed. Oh, and it started pouring rain shortly after I got set up... That pump moved about 40,000 gallons of water for me that day!
View attachment 320623
Holy Smokes! Tornado damage?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Updated pic of my 2019 Midnight...got the rear flip kit to where I like it and readjusted the sway bar. Still haven't gotten the Intake spacer, R8 coils and adapters in yet. Lol.

5001 - 5020 of 5051 Posts