Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
While I was doing an oil change (I bought into AMSOIL... don't judge) I noticed some oil underneath the engine, well looks like oil to me. It was also on the oil pan. I haven't seen oil or any fluid in my drive way.
Being my first oil change, I suspect the dealership changed the oil last time there is still a Nissan OEM filter on it, I hope they just spilled some oil. I'm taking it into the dealership Tuesday.
Here is a pic let me know what ya'll think.

Attachments

· Registered
4,186 Posts
Wait until you hear from dealer.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I doubt any one was following this thread, but in case someone was. I just came back from the dealership and sure enough I had an oil leak on the left side of the valve cover. They replaced the left valve gasket, told me to keep an eye on it. He then stated the valve cover might be warped... hoping this fixed it. Has less thank 15k miles on it too.

· Registered
262 Posts
Wow, I am starting to question sometimes why Nissan has so many little "issues" with these trucks. I have 2010 SE, and I had the exact same leak, and my truck only has 43k on the clock. The driver side valve cover was leaking and caused a major build up of oil and crud on the underside. Glad you caught it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.