Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Possible new Frontier owner here. I'm going to look at a 2011 Pro-4X tomorrow that has caught my eye. Now, I know this might cause a riot or two, but I'm a long-time Toyota guy. I've had a ton of Yotas. In fact, I will likely trade my Lexus GX470 for the Pro-4X. The SUV purchase was a mistake and now I need to fill the pick-up truck void in our household. That and the wife doesn't like the idea of me putting a deer in the back of the Lexus.

Never owned a Nissan before (despite a youthful infatuation with Z cars of the 1980s and 1990s...I digress). So, just thought I'd register here at ClubFrontier since it is a wealth of information to help me avoid any pitfalls prior to joining the ranks of Frontier owners.

Well, I suppose that is long enough for a newbie introduction. I hope all is well with anyone who reads this, and I look forward to the enjoyment of Nissan ownership.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome Bear Down!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm going to look at the rig here in an hour or so. Hope it all works out.

Bear Down!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, looks like you guys gained a new member today. I'm the new owner of a "new to me" 2011 Pro-4X CC in Night Armor. It is the base model without the roof rack. I'd post photos however I did not get home until late. So, I'll be sure to take some photos of the beastie tomorrow for everyone's viewing enjoyment.

BTW - this thing is awesome. Way better feel to it than my old Taco/4Runner/GX470...did I mention I was a big-time Toyota fan for a long time? It's nice to have 4-wheel disc brakes, a steel bed and a boxed frame to say the least.

:woot:

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
Well, looks like you guys gained a new member today. I'm the new owner of a "new to me" 2011 Pro-4X CC in Night Armor. It is the base model without the roof rack. I'd post photos however I did not get home until late. So, I'll be sure to take some photos of the beastie tomorrow for everyone's viewing enjoyment.

BTW - this thing is awesome. Way better feel to it than my old Taco/4Runner/GX470...did I mention I was a big-time Toyota fan for a long time? It's nice to have 4-wheel disc brakes, a steel bed and a boxed frame to say the least.

:woot:
Congrats on your wise purchase!
Habanero = FTW!!
>:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, here she is:

Looking spiffy with the new shoes on. Zoinks! Look at that giant gecko in the background! :laugh:

Already have the requisite Arizona flag license plate on.

There are only two things that have surprised me. 1. No tow package; so I need to go buy a hitch receiver. 2. Turning radius of a HMMWV. I seriously think my old HMMWV in Afghanistan could turn tighter u-turns than the Frontier.

Now I get to make my list of money-pit items to throw at the truck. Spacer lift? Roof rack? Ladder rack (for kayak transport)? To be honest, I really dig this truck in stock clothing. Any modifications I do will be with the intent of facilitating my hunting and fishing "addiction."

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, here she is:

Looking spiffy with the new shoes on. Zoinks! Look at that giant gecko in the background!

Already have the requisite Arizona flag license plate on.

There are only two things that have surprised me. 1. No tow package; so I need to go buy a hitch receiver. 2. Turning radius of a HMMWV. I seriously think my old HMMWV in Afghanistan could turn tighter u-turns than the Frontier.

Now I get to make my list of money-pit items to throw at the truck. Spacer lift? Roof rack? Ladder rack (for kayak transport)? To be honest, I really dig this truck in stock clothing. Any modifications I do will be with the intent of facilitating my hunting and fishing "addiction."
Yes, unfortunately the turn radius leaves something to be desired. My wife's Durango turns on a dime and puts me to shame there. But these are great trucks. There's a reason Nissan has rode this one as long as they could.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
It could pass as one of the new ones, as of the 2016 model year, they don't offer the roof rack anymore. Nothing base-model about the Pro-4x either. Not too flashy compared to more expensive trucks on the market, but it is definitely a step up from the lower tiered Frontys.

My favorite thing about the Fronty is it's been out for 10 years. By this point they've worked out all the kinks and these forums are filled with every bit of help imaginable. If something can go wrong on this truck, it already has and people know how to fix it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It could pass as one of the new ones, as of the 2016 model year, they don't offer the roof rack anymore. Nothing base-model about the Pro-4x either. Not too flashy compared to more expensive trucks on the market, but it is definitely a step up from the lower tiered Frontys.

My favorite thing about the Fronty is it's been out for 10 years. By this point they've worked out all the kinks and these forums are filled with every bit of help imaginable. If something can go wrong on this truck, it already has and people know how to fix it.
Grommet,

Thanks for the compliments. The longevity of the current Frontier is one of the reasons I went with this truck. Plus, having owned a Tacoma in the past, I really do think the build quality of the Frontier is a bit more "stout" if that makes sense. The PRO-4X is a great trim level. I went with it mainly because of the locking rear differential. I don't do any really crazy trails out here in Arizona, but oftentimes while looking for a good hunting spot you find yourself tackling things you might not otherwise consider. Thus, the locker can come in handy on off-camber trails comprised of creosote and other crumbly materials.

Now to convince the wife to let me do some tasteful mods...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts