Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2012 Pro4 with 70k on it for $12900
The problem is that the bedside is dented on the top under the liner on the passenger side.
The truck was bought at auction. Lot is a body shop that states if they were to fix the dent, the price would be $18900.
The dent I see is far from a $6000 dent.

The rest of the truck is clean, frame is nice, no wrecks.

Should I buy and have repaired by my guy(family)?

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
$12.9k sounds like a good deal. That $18.9k price fixed does not. That seems a bit high for the truck. For $6k I think you could have nissan themselves put on a new bed :D.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Might wanna double check everything. It should have a pro4x sticker if it's a 2012. Most people don't re-badge their vehicles. Just making sure you are getting a good price on a 2012 and not a meh price for an 08 or 09

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might wanna double check everything. It should have a pro4x sticker if it's a 2012. Most people don't re-badge their vehicles.
This is what is confusing me.
And being a body shop, why wouldn't they fix it? I think something is sketchy. The carfax is free from anything odd, other than a repo. The VIN provided comes back to a 2012.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I say you buy it w/ the dent and hit the other side so it matches. That way you can mash some trails at a discounted price! Ahem... or just take it to a reputable shop.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is what is confusing me.
And being a body shop, why wouldn't they fix it? I think something is sketchy. The carfax is free from anything odd, other than a repo. The VIN provided comes back to a 2012.
Are you getting the VIN from the dash or the door? If from the door, it could be a door from another vehicle. Just a thought

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well this is strange. It has an "S" model front bumper. When I run the vin on nissan's site it comes up as an SV. Things are starting to seem a bit sketchy too sketchy for me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The carfax and other vin checks always list it like that for some reason. They seem to clump a few models together. You can go to the nissan parts website and punch in the VIN and it will tell you the year, make, model, interior color, exterior color, Emissions (federal or CA), engine size and transmission. I have done this hundreds of times and it has been correct every single time.

Most likely the previous owner was a nissan fan and decided to put a decal on the truck. That or the dealer did it originally. I have seen dealers add factory stickers to try and pretty up the vehicles.

I don't understand the flat black front bumper though unless it was replaced at some point. I would thoroughly check the vehicle out. I normally would pass on it with all these questions but that is a black interior, v6, 4x4 with manual transmission so it's checking alot of boxes for me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm going to go drive it tonight. Anything I should be wary of?
I'm still new here and to Frontiers so I wouldn't know what to look for really. Hopefully someone could chime in on it for you. There is a thread with common problems that you might want to look through.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Definitely an SV with aftermarket wheels and nismo stickers added by (uninformed) previous owner. Otherwise it looks like a nice truck. Keep in mind though, if you had your heart set on a Pro4x then move on cause it doesn't have the suspension, skids, locker or other options. Fwiw I just paid 17k for my 2012 pro4x with 61k miles so they are out there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts