Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not to sure how to describe this but when I had the hood up on my truck I noticed that when I hit the throttle I could hear air suck into the intake. It sounds as if there might be a hose or tube off around the intake area but not sure because I cant see anything off. It sounds as if the the tube or whatever it is closes itself off after just a second. You cannot hear it with the hood shut nor does it make it run any different. Is this normal on these trucks or do I have a problem somewhere? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Almost forgot to mention that it is an 06 4x2 with 4.0 if that matters. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Its probably the delay in the TB butterfly. To check it, the only connection is the MAF and then the crank vent hose. Check these both and you should be good. Also, check the filter box top. It could be loose.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
MAF is mass air flow sensor just like you stated.

If you are still worried about it, just take this moment as an excuse to upgrade to a CAI and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thats all in do time! Not really worried just didnt know if it was normal for these trucks because like I said before it doesnt run any different. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
If You Have A Vacuum Leak After The Mafs You'll Get A Check Engine Light For Lean Engine P0171, P1074. It Would Be Unmetered Air Causing A Lean Engine. If Its Small Leak, The Engine Can Add Up To 20% More Fuel Under Short And Long Term Fuel Trim To Keep Running Smoothly But Depends More On Nissan Ecu Programming As To How Much And For How Long Before You Get Codes And Rough Running

1 - 7 of 7 Posts