Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! The name is Nathan, and I'm looking into purchasing a used Frontier. I have a mechanical engineering degree and work in the hydraulics industry. I'm hoping someone here might be kind enough to give me a few pointers on what to look for/be aware of in the truck I'm looking at. It's a 2004 XE 4X4 King Cab with the 3.3 and a 5-speed. Has ~94k on the odometer, is a 2 owner truck with clean Carfax. The dealer is asking $8,999 and it will have new tires, exhaust, and whatever else they need to do for it to pass PA inspection and emissions. I realize I'll have to do a timing belt and most likely clutch in the near future. Other than that the truck is pretty clean imo. Any good advice you all can give would be much appreciated! Cheers.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Check radiator hoses, battery terminals, CV boots/joints, EXHAUST MANIFOLD, valve noises upon cold start, check for a spare tire, make sure the transfer case is solid, and make sure the frame/body is straight. These are all things I didn't look for back when I bought my first (2001 CC 4x2 XE - 3.3 v6 6spd) Nissan. I still didn't regret it until the day I totaled it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just the type of tidbits I was looking for. Thank you good sir. This would be my first truck, and so far it appears to be a good pick.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just the type of tidbits I was looking for. Thank you good sir. This would be my first truck, and so far it appears to be a good pick.
I've never looked back since buying Nissan... you will probably never buy another sedan/coupe again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts