Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently i have been having issues with my headlights and fogs on my truck. I have a 2015 Pro4 and it has the auto option for my headlights.

Never had a problem with it until recently. Sometimes when the lights come on one headlight will come on but not the other and all the fogs will be on as i leave them on. Other times on fog will be on and one headlight but not the others.

Sometimes its just one fog. Anyone think this could be a bad switch? Ill turn it off and turn it to the on position and it works.

Anyone have any input on this??

·
Super Moderator
19,907 Posts
So recently i have been having issues with my headlights and fogs on my truck. I have a 2015 Pro4 and it has the auto option for my headlights.

Never had a problem with it until recently. Sometimes when the lights come on one headlight will come on but not the other and all the fogs will be on as i leave them on. Other times on fog will be on and one headlight but not the others.

Sometimes its just one fog. Anyone think this could be a bad switch? Ill turn it off and turn it to the on position and it works.

Anyone have any input on this??
I would suspect the relay more than the switch. Maybe even the BCM could be faulty.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would suspect the relay more than the switch. Maybe even the BCM could be faulty.
i would have too look and see. about the relay, as far as the BCM i don't know what that is. will have to do some some research to see what it is.

Its normally fine when it comes on and off once but if i go thru dark places and the auto on makes it go on ana off all the time is normally when i have the issues.

·
Super Moderator
19,907 Posts
i would have too look and see. about the relay, as far as the BCM i don't know what that is. will have to do some some research to see what it is.

Its normally fine when it comes on and off once but if i go thru dark places and the auto on makes it go on ana off all the time is normally when i have the issues.
BCM=Body Control Module. It operates many things including lights on our trucks. Are you out of warranty?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, unfortunately i am. truck is at 50k miles and only have the mechanical warranty. Trying to avoid a trip to the dealer but if it is not possible, it may have to be the case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts