Nissan Frontier Forum banner

521 - 540 of 566 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Great ride, more than adequate power and tight as a bell.
At 38K my thermostat needed replacing which was not covered under warranty.
Now at 91k and in the shop exactly ............. ZERO times.
..... my thoughts (and experience) exactly. I was lucky my thermostat stuck OPEN, so gave me time to replace it myself at my convenience (and the dealership gave me the thermostat & housing as one unit FOR FREE due to a service promotion going on at the time ... talk about "living right" / good timing !! ) ... and I am always amazed at how tight and rattle/squeak-free this truck is after 14 years! I will always be grateful for THIS FORUM, however, for informing me about the SMOD problem and the rear axle vent problem ... both remedied before anything bad happened ... Thank you .. Thank you .. Thank you. Hope to keep this truck for many more years !! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a 2011 Nissan Frontier and loved it, Only had one issue with the steering temporarily locking up, but other then that, I loved it. I think at gripping that you talk about others, are valid issues with customers. We just want Nissan to know we love these trucks, but need to hear our complaints to make a better truck even better.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Anyone interested in a 2018 midnight frontier? I'm going stir crazy sitting indoors.
Wanna sell me your grill, rear bumper and badges? ;-)

Reactions: Airhart13

·
Registered
463 Posts
? Just trying to get rid of my lease. I'll never lease again I can tell you that.
I leased once, a Murano. Never again. Feels like driving a rental.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah i agree. I like the truck but black is to hard to clean. 16 months to go.
Once you go black... ;-) Mine is black and much of it is on its way to becoming an ‘09 Midnight Clone.

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm curious what the 2021 model will look like too. I think it will be a baby Titan look.
I’m curious what year they will finally introduce a totally new truck. They’ve been rumored to do it for 5 years. The rest of the world has had a new Navara for about that long. I’ll believe it when I see it. ESPECIALLY considering the same design ‘20 has the new drivetrain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love my truck. There are many like it but this one is mine.......

I have owned mine since July 06 and it's just as much fun to drive now as it was on day one. I was really impressed with the performance when I drove it to Clearfield, Utah in June. I got as high as 24 mpg during part of my trip. It's the best truck I have ever owned. Thanks for starting this thread, WeeHooker.
ok I'm new on here and lost. Where do I post to post for advice about my 2011 Frontier. Engine stops when driving, no warning. Sometimes it hesitates, then stops running when driving.

·
Registered
636 Posts
ok I'm new on here and lost. Where do I post to post for advice about my 2011 Frontier. Engine stops when driving, no warning. Sometimes it hesitates, then stops running when driving.
Go to "New Posts" and then over on the right is a "Start Discussion" button ... click on that and post your problem with a title like "Need help with Engine dying" ... or something like that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I’m curious what year they will finally introduce a totally new truck. They’ve been rumored to do it for 5 years. The rest of the world has had a new Navara for about that long. I’ll believe it when I see it. ESPECIALLY considering the same design ‘20 has the new drivetrain.
I personally would buy the last model of the"old" style, then the first model of the "new" style/updates. I think the MPG is slightly better, but it probably has many quirks to be worked out. Kind of like the first Tacomas that came out. Lots of complaints. But, I'm trying to get my 2016 up to 200-300k before even thinking about selling it! Its a good truck and pretty comfortable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes the seats are comfy. I like driving my Frontier but soon found out when my 3 boys started growing ah there's no room in here! If I had to pick one thing I don't like it would be the power steering, seems really hard to turn after I've driven my wife's Pacifica or my Malibu.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yes the seats are comfy. I like driving my Frontier but soon found out when my 3 boys started growing ah there's no room in here! If I had to pick one thing I don't like it would be the power steering, seems really hard to turn after I've driven my wife's Pacifica or my Malibu.
..... must not have a 4-door crew cab model???? I've found mine to be roomy inside for 6'2" 300# guys, front and back seat. Yes, it's not as roomy as a Rolls Royce Phantom ... but for a 'mid-size' pickup truck, it's great. As for the steering ... it's a "truckers' truck", so easy to drive after being in a Peterbilt all day long.... it's all relative, as with many things.

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts
Trucks should not equal a soccer-Mom vehicle where a broken nail is the end of the world. ?

end/ball-bustin'

Reactions: Toamille
521 - 540 of 566 Posts