Nissan Frontier Forum banner

501 - 520 of 566 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last pickup was mint '74 F-100 I had in about '92. V-8, 2WD, 3 on the tree, no power anything, no A/C, etc., but very stout; did the work but a beast to drive. No comparison to Frontier of course. It is ridiculous how much I like everything about this truck!
Last pickup was mint '74 F-100 I had in about '92. V-8, 2WD, 3 on the tree, no power anything, no A/C, etc., but very stout; did the work but a beast to drive. No comparison to Frontier of course. It is ridiculous how much I like everything about this truck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had my 06 rwd le for 7 years now. 210k and only minor upkeep. I'm about to change the valve covers because it's leaking a little oil. It's still a solid truck and burns no oil. AC is almost too cold at times. Plan on hitting 300k or more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a question, I have a 2018 SV crew midnight edition that I leased. At the end of lease buy out is 21400, does that sound like a good deal? It will probably have about 33,000 miles on it by then. I don't think you could touch one for that price at a dealer. Maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have a question, I have a 2018 SV crew midnight edition that I leased. At the end of lease buy out is 21400, does that sound like a good deal? It will probably have about 33,000 miles on it by then. I don't think you could touch one for that price at a dealer. Maybe I'm wrong.
Since you are the original owner and know it's complete, honest history (and obviously it has treated you very well) ... and having such low mileage on it, I would say that would be a good deal for you to buy. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Do you like your Frontier? If so, it’s a good deal. It’s been yours, might as well keep it and treat it right. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have an 09 SE I bought new, now has 112k on it and it owes me nothing. Best vehicle I’ve ever owned. Completely reliable, fun, and more people comment on how great it looks.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Sounds like you want to keep it. Ask if they would consider 20,000 (cash if you can do that and have your money in hand, or have financing already set-up with best credit union loan deal you can find) - dealers make good $ 'arranging' financing. good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I was going to maybe see if Leasing company would budge a little. I like the truck just didn't want the dealer getting it back and and making a fortune on it, cause I take care of my stuff. If anyone makes money on it I want it to be me not dealer, I know greedy. There's no way the dealer would sell it for 21,400 I don't think.

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts
4x4?

Reactions: VanGo3

·
Banned
219 Posts
not to make things more difficult, but I would also see best deal I could get on maybe a 2019 that might still be around and then decide..

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Thats not a bad deal. Mine was 4 yrs old and had 53k and it was slightly more than that but its a loaded Pro4x.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Must be to new doesn't show any midnight's. O well I was trying to get a feel if you guys thought a 3 year old truck with 35,000 miles on it was worth 21,400.
Depends on where you're located - for reference I paid $20,490 for a 2019 4x4 SV with 26k on the odometer. It was a "great deal" in my area on cargurus and they don't last long at the price. I'm happy with what I paid for it, it's not perfect but it's pretty close. The dealer bought it at auction for 19,200 before taxes...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok , so I don't get by here as much as I used to . but I do , it increasingly seems like I'm on a Yugo forum with all the griping about Frontiers. i.e. More and more of anoying rattle, squeek, gas mileage, tire, timeing chain, tailgate,TPS and "ash tray is full so I'm upgrading to a V8 Titan" threads. How would any potential frontier buyer ever guess what a great truck this is?

So I figure I'll start a thread to coax some positive feedback on our Frontiers.

I've had my 07 LE CC4x4 for over two years now and am still in love with it. No issues, noises, failing parts, wearing tires or crooked dealer complaints. She still looks and rides great and draws compliments from people. I'm getting 20+/- MPG on regular and yet has more than enough power to tow my boat and/or pass on a up hill grade. Size is a nice ballance of comfort , utility and menuverability. I'd even order the short bed again as it does everything I need it to do but allows for much easier parking. All in all, I'd buy another Frontier in a heart beat and sadly look ahead to the day when I hit my self imposed 150K mi / 7-8 yr manditory, "Gotta trade it in" mark.

If you still love yours, please keep the thread going. If you don't , there are plenty of other threads here to keep you from feeling left out.
Bought a 2010 SL as my first Frontier. I liked it enough upgrade to a 2014 SL. Both were/are great trouble free trucks. Great ride, more than adequate power and tight as a bell. Prior to my Nissans I owned a Chevy Colorado and believe me I would never go back.

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts
Rolled over 60K yesterday in my factory ordered '15 SV 6-sp work truck/daily driver. My only issues covered under warranty were a loose external plastic part on top/rear of the cab in the rain gutter and a cracked coolant reservoir.
At 38K my thermostat needed replacing which was not covered under warranty.

Other than replacing the weak rear leaf springs, I will give two (y)(y) for dependability and worthiness.
LONG LIVE THE 6-SP.

Reactions: nismo0606

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Now at 91k and in the shop exactly ............. ZERO times. The backup sensor system quit, I think one of the sensors took a rock to the head while wheelin and now it just beeps twice and goes into disable mode, other than that, not a moments trouble. Been a flawless if somewhat thirsty sidekick, but no plans to part ways anytime soon. Should be a 200 hundred thousand miler if I have any say in it, wheeled an 83 Camaro to 317k so I know its doable, just waiting it out.
+1 on ShiftRush's observation, I have FireStone RideRite bags and so far the stock leaf springs seem to be holding up okay, but they do have a tendency to dearch themselves. If that's the worst thing this truck ever does to me, I'm many miles and dollars ahead.

Reactions: nismo0606
501 - 520 of 566 Posts