Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 565 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , so I don't get by here as much as I used to . but I do , it increasingly seems like I'm on a Yugo forum with all the griping about Frontiers. i.e. More and more of anoying rattle, squeek, gas mileage, tire, timeing chain, tailgate,TPS and "ash tray is full so I'm upgrading to a V8 Titan" threads. How would any potential frontier buyer ever guess what a great truck this is?

So I figure I'll start a thread to coax some positive feedback on our Frontiers.

I've had my 07 LE CC4x4 for over two years now and am still in love with it. No issues, noises, failing parts, wearing tires or crooked dealer complaints. She still looks and rides great and draws compliments from people. I'm getting 20+/- MPG on regular and yet has more than enough power to tow my boat and/or pass on a up hill grade. Size is a nice ballance of comfort , utility and menuverability. I'd even order the short bed again as it does everything I need it to do but allows for much easier parking. All in all, I'd buy another Frontier in a heart beat and sadly look ahead to the day when I hit my self imposed 150K mi / 7-8 yr manditory, "Gotta trade it in" mark.

If you still love yours, please keep the thread going. If you don't , there are plenty of other threads here to keep you from feeling left out.

Reactions: Randall D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good idea for a thread. That is something about forums, a lot of people come looking for them with the problems.

I got mine in Feb of last year, and have put over 23k miles on it. So far, no major issues to report. 5W30 full synthetic and OEM filter every 5-7k, changed the rear end fluid once, going to drain and fill the tranny soon, and replaced the cabin filters. Have not had to do anything else, even has the stock battery still. Overall, I love this truck for many of the same reasons WeeHooker states. It is a nice midsize truck, which makes it easy to get around, has enough room for a car seat in the back (which will be installed soon), and looks great. Have spent way too much on mods (said I wasn't going to do anything to this one), but I would more than likely come right back to Nissan if I needed another truck.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ive had my truck from new in 2005 got it with 9 miles on it and I still love my truck. It gets me around just fine and pulls my rhino and quads with no issues at all. Only had 1 issue in 4 years and was something with the eletronic stuff under the hood. I would buy another one if I needed another mid size truck without hesitation.

·
Registered
574 Posts
2009 Frontier, PRO-4X, 4x4, KC, 4.0 V6, 6-SPEED

I love this truck!
I have owned an '86.5 SE-V6, 4x4, KC Hardbody, a '95 XE-V6, 4x4 KC Hardbody and a '05 SE, 4x4, KC Titan.
I only have 3,000 miles to date, but this is where I'm coming from.

I just did the 3,500 mile oil change 2-weekends ago. By the time my Titan had 3,000 miles it had gone back to the dealer for four times to try and solve the leaking tranny/transfer case which by the way was still leaking, the rear pinion seal had been replaced, the power steering fluid lines were leaking and had to be replaced, all four tires were replaced due to damage caused by the factory, and the oil filter had been so over torqued at the factory I almost had to resort to the screwdriver and hammer method of removal. To date, Frontier reliability, and Titan reliability are not at all the same.
Consider me a very happy owner.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
I've had multiple issues with my truck, and i've owned it since new. but 95% of all the issues are ones i caused because i beat the ever lovin hell out of it :). best truck i think you can get, without going full-size!!

:noworries:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I love my truck! I've put on almost 60,000 miles and am amazed at how well it has held up.

Reactions: Hebrews12v2

·
Registered
467 Posts
'08 Frontier SE Crew Cab
22k miles on it

Love it to death!

Hood bumpers squeaked, so I adjusted them - no problem anymore
Left turn signal didn't cancel, took it in for warranty - no problem anymore

16-17mpg city with my lead foot.

Great truck, wife loves it too.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
All I can say is after owning an American mid sized truck and going on "those" forums, our forum is more full of mods than probs. Believe me, the issues we are having are nothing in comparison, either in frequency, or severity. I agree that sometimes that stuff comes out a lot in forums tho. I think cause people are trying to be more savvy and take care of things themselves rather than running to the dealership for every little thing, paying exhorbitent money at the "stealerships", and god knows what a great resource forums are... I finally went Nissan after "dealing" with GM for over 20 yrs. and all the nickel-and-dime quality corner cutting crap, because a few years ago I talked the G/F into buying an Xterra when she was looking for just a car. She was impressed from the first minute she needed room for stuff and 4wd to get out of a couple of tight spots in the winter and the fact that it always works... She's hooked, and is already thinkin bout the day she can get a new one... ( she has total radio envy btw cuz mines got the Rockford-n-bluetooth. lol) After driving her truck with 120k plus I was also impressed by the way the thing still worked like new. Never fought, always starts, doesn't squeek or rattle like the GM's I've owned at the same mileage, looks great, and EVERYTHING still works. etc. etc. I figured what the hell, I'll do a Frontier. I have been exceptionally happy so far. This things got it all over so many other brands in total package "goodness" without the "upstairs" attitude.. It does WAY more right than wrong to the point it's almost funny why it took me so long to come around in the first place. (stubborn patriot). To think of all the crap I was dealing with before the Fronty... I also like that it's the "Dark Horse" of the import market, and doesn't come with the snobbery or "grey haired" civility of Honda (which still has yet to make a REAL truck) and Toyota. It's a brand that has a little "F- the man " still in it. I'm happy as hell w/mine. I almost feel weird NOT having it to the dealer for a problem yet. lol. But I can't think of a better package that serves all my needs for the money. period.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I know, I know, I'm king whines-so-lot. But since my trany got replaced (under warrenty) It has been 100%. Any way what I was getting at, I think the 05+ frontiers are the #1 best looking truck avalible. 50% of the reason why I got one in the first place.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Love my truck. The tires lasted 42,000 miles. My fuel sensor light went off and Nissan Dealership (BroncoMotors Nampa, ID) covered it for "FREE!" I did not have an extended warranty.
It handles in the snow very well. I drove through a blizzard with wife and mom. Not a single problem in snow and ice covered roads.

·
Super Moderator
19,634 Posts
I love my truck. There are many like it but this one is mine.......

I have owned mine since July 06 and it's just as much fun to drive now as it was on day one. I was really impressed with the performance when I drove it to Clearfield, Utah in June. I got as high as 24 mpg during part of my trip. It's the best truck I have ever owned. Thanks for starting this thread, WeeHooker.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Best vehicle I've ever owned, truck or other. Had it for three years and even with its little squeaks and rattles I wouldn't trade it for another.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Pound for pound the best mid size that is made. A tough backbone/frame and a great motor that runs like a devil. It ain't perfect, but it has so much more than any other truck in it's class.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
I've had my truck since it had 20,XXX miles on it. As of right now it has 55,963 on the odo. I would have the truck 2yrs. This coming january. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

On my recent trip moving. I got 23.62 mpg on 33.1" tires. A total of 10.6 gallons on gas used over 250+ miles. So im not complaining at all.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I bought mine for the long run, always have with vehicles and enjoy it lol. I had timing chain replaced at 4k, was a little torqued by it, but got over it. Things happen... Anyways, have 16k miles on it now, have had it a year, and its really starting to grow on me more and more.

It is a quality truck. In 3 weeks I'm taking it elk hunting, quad in the bed, gear, mud, 4x4, possible 12'' of snow in the night, its going to rule. The thing that sucks its still stock with tires too lol, but I'm confident I'll be fine deep in the woods.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I love my Frontier so much, my boner steers when I'm driving it.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

on a more serious note, I buy something I can abuse and drive till the wheels fall off. had a 96 KC with 187,000 on it, and still running...
bought my 05 crew new as I needed more space for kids and stuff.
76k miles so far, had a couple minor issues.
drive it like I stole it, on and off road, still going strong. would buy another one in a heartbeat, but with only 76k miles so far, its just getting broken in....
'course my 20 yr old daughter REALLY thinks I need a new truck, so she can have mine. I am so proud of that girl....

Reactions: Alvissherpa

·
Registered
178 Posts
i cant say much other than i dont like for anything to be wrong with it (20+ times in service with 23k miles on it all minor things and plus i work there so what the hell lol...) but im sure i would change it for anything else I LOVE IT... and looking foward to trade it in the near future for a pro4x 4wd...

1 - 20 of 565 Posts