Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use these? Are these suitable for long term use or just something to put on non daily drivers? I dont do any off roading, just city driving. Wont bother with them if they're finicky, but if they're something I could put on and basically forget about I'd be interested.

PORTAWALLSHOP, WHITEWALL, CLASSIC TIRE INSERTS FREE SHIPPING ;side wall,Â* port-a-wall, port-o-wall, tire insert, whitewall, tyre insert, tire line, tire trim

I've always like the look of whitewall tires, and these can be had for ~$75, was thinking about picking up a set.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Whitewalls do not belong on a Frontier..unless you want to look like a dweeb.
If you decide to proceed, don't forget set of curb feelers or fender whiskers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to google search what curb feelers are. I wont be getting them haha.

But I do like the look of whitewalls, my truck is all black, I think they'd look alright on there. Personal opinion I guess...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personal preferences aside, I would do neither. I've seen the paint used and you could always see brush marks and the portawalls many times didn't fit quite right so they would have a gap on the outer edge.
Yea, I looked at the user gallery for that paint. Wasnt super impressed. It looked alright in a couple pictures that had the whole car in frame, but on the picture of a wheel closeup, it looked pretty sloppy.

Was only interested in the portawalls if they were proven to be long lasting and low maintenance. Cleaning them up once in a while is one thing, but if they come loose eventually (which seems to be the case from what i've read on a few websites now), they're not what im looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts