1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody,

Just got my first Nissan frontier

2004 Crew cab XE 2wd manual trans

Got it practically for nothing since it has a blown head gasket. Will attempt to do the engine replacement myself, so wish me luck.

The body is almost flawless (just a couple of small dents) and the interior was in excellent condition. Can't wait to get in her again.::grin::

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
Wow that thing looks mint....
Oh I see your location Arizona , no wonder it looks in such good shape.
Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've done previous head gasket jobs and it's never the same. Best get a new engine. The truck already has 150k+ miles on it. Already have an engine with 85K, so I think I'll for sure get 10 years out of this baby.

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Welcome aboard.
Truck looks to be in great shape for the year.
Good luck with the engine swap and let us know how everything comes out. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Wow that thing looks mint....
Oh I see your location Arizona , no wonder it looks in such good shape.
Good luck
Yeah, the one advantage of being out here, if the vehicle can be garaged. My 2004, 96K, mine since 2011 (at least the 3rd owner):

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice truck!

I would just do gasket and rings..., possibly mains. In my experience when a motor "is never the same" after a blown gasket, it is usually due to a warped or cracked head. If you you verify that wasn't the case I think you'd be fine, but then I am no pro. That would be pretty cheap, and is more of the devil you know. Unless buying a rebuilt engine, you never know what you are gonna get when you buy a used one.

Cusser! The one and the same from mazda truckin!?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Cusser! The one and the same from mazda truckin!?
That'd be me. MazdaTrucking had a computer glitch and zapped me as Cusser a few years back, and couldn't fix it so I had to change my log-in there to Cussboy.

Still have the '88 B2200 (209K), and the '98 Frontier the kids returned to us (209K as well), and my "B2600i replacement" 2004 Frontier King Cab (96K).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts