Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I don't work on cars. I really want the Pop & Lock for locking the tailgate, so I ordered one up and went to install it. Obviously it didn't work because I'm here. The directions aren't great when it comes to splicing it in. My father in law who is a Toyota tech looked at it and said Id use these wires. Anyone have a picture of which wires I should be using? Doors lock/unlock but the tailgate does nothing. thanks in advance

ps 2014 pro 4x if it matters

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,252 Posts
The instructions state the purple wire and the green wire.
down by the dead pedal I see purple and green wires. Have you stuck a sewing pin into the vinyl to then use a meter to look for voltage and when you move the lock switch see if it energizes then?
I prefer that method than to use a thicker probe and then have to tape the not good wires tried.
Did you test the lock prior to trying to install it?
Just thinking out loud here.

Clint

·
Registered
362 Posts

The above photo is for a 2005, not sure if it's the same.

The wire color changes through a connector, from gray to green. The other connector stays violet all the way through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
There are actually two places to connect it depending on how you want it to work.

Lock/Unlock with the front door (single click of fob or one turn of the key) or with the passenger door (two clicks off the fob or key).

I am connected so the actuator works with the passenger door. Picture is right below the Body Control Module (under the dash next to the steering column). Sorry it isn't better, but standing on my head under the dash with limited light, it's the best I could get. The green and blue wires exiting the bottom of the picture go to the actuator in the tailgate. Make sure the wires you attach to do not have any secondary colors (stripes) on them. Looks like one of them may have a secondary stripe on them.

Mine is a 2015 Pro-4X Crew Cab Short Bed

·
Registered
362 Posts
I installed mine in the passenger kick panel, using the front RH door lock solenoid wiring.

Works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok guys. I'm up and running thanks to all who posted. I joined this forum back when I had some trouble with my '06 and while I don't post often, I do read everyday. Super group here and thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts