Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Not sure what all the weight specs mean, but approx weight is almost 2,300 lbs. Does not include trailer. Im assuming that is dry weight (no fuel or fluids). I would guess with a trailer you would be somewhere around 4,000lbs.

If your adding a full truck of people with gear your probably getting close to the max weight.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
it's Approx. package weight:4896 lbs. (without trailer ?) thinking that might be too much ?

just scanned through the "what do you tow with your fronty" thread. there is a guy that towed a 28' pontoon. I realize that it doesn't mean you should, just that someone did.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
it's Approx. package weight:4896 lbs. (without trailer ?) thinking that might be too much ?

just scanned through the "what do you tow with your fronty" thread. there is a guy that towed a 28' pontoon. I realize that it doesn't mean you should, just that someone did.
If the 4896 weight is without a trailer, by the time you add people and gear you will be over weight. You will also want a break controller if you dont have one.

·
Registered
544 Posts

I'm all but 100 % the package weight includes the trailer... I've got the 18PB and it's well under the 3,500 tow rate on our SUV and the with the truck I'd forget it was back there except for the clank of the tow hitch...

Also Tracker trailers come equipped with hydraulic surge brakes one or both axles depending on size so there is no need for a brake controller...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts