Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stoked to find this forum!

I just got my 2019 Frontier SV Crew Cab. Picked her up for $17,500k OTD with 11k miles.

Being prepped for pickup Day #1

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just tinted the front windows to match the backs. Tint guys said 20% matches perfect. Looking at it from all angles, I agree.

Attachments

Reactions: RobFrisco415

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to get black rims. I looked into powder coating and new rims. Those options came out to be alot more money than I wanted to spend. But I did find was these things called wheel skins, basically hubcaps. For only $80 I figured what the heck. I am surprised how awesome these look. Fit the rim perfect, I haven't had one person think my rims aren't real :LOL:. Score!

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plasti-Dip day. Pulled the center caps off the rim and separated the nissan logos. I hate chrome but the white on black look I have going on looks good with only chrome logos. Also sprayed the badges.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the OEM fog light kit, I was able to install these through the fender wells. The screw part was annoying but I eventually got it in. Also put in 6k leds in the headlights and fogs. Ill get some pics at night.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed 6k leds through out the whole truck. Only the whites. The blinkers, running lights, brakes all stayed the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the stock audio sounded pretty crappy. At 70% volume everything just was distorted in my opinion. Also felt like there was no depth and mids. I decided to keep the stock head unit as I think it looks decent, has the backup cam, steering wheel controls, etc. So I looked into tweeters / dash speakers, seems there isn't any direct fit options or any harness options atleast that I can find. So on to the door speakers... Crutchfield said these were basically my only options for direct fit at 2ohms. About $150 for everything, they were plug and play with some minor adjustments. I do have to say they sound alot better. Can now play radio at 90% volume instead of 70%. Highs are sharper, mids filled in a little, and bass is tight and punchy. I think i would eventually like to find some better tweeters but so far big improvement.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Intake: So I plan on pulling a 6000 lbs boat in the near future. I thought I would look into having a little extra to help it. I saw that Volant has the best results but the fitment issues concern me being that I'm not the best at turning wrenches. K&N at $320 or anything in the $300 range (aem, afe, etc) is just to much for me. I saw some of the cheap ones on Amazon and Ebay which actually looked pretty good but I thought it may be best still to get something with a little more quality. I fell on the Nismo intake. It looks identical to the $320 aem brute, and its a nissan part. Picked up the Nismo for $230. The parts and filter feel solid, look good, and fit perfectly. Instructions were not that great but I figured it out in about 1:45.

First impression ride... sound and power are identical in normal driving. Stepping on it from a stop feels the same with a little quicker throttle response, along with that roar/whistle intake sound above 3k. The noticeable difference was highway driving when accelerating to pass people or lane changes. Feels like the acceleration on the top has more UMPH, being in the higher RPMs is where the intake shines. I can definitely see this helping me pull the boat in the highway. Hopefully I'll gain some MPGs too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
SunDown Audio 2.75 mid-tweets are direct fit for the dash speakers. A massive improvement over the crap Nissan OEs.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SunDown Audio 2.75 mid-tweets are direct fit for the dash speakers. A massive improvement over the crap Nissan OEs.
Awesome! Are there harnesses for plug and play as well?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Pull out the wires and do a little soldering, good to go. The connector ends are not the same, no.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Pull out the wires and do a little soldering, good to go. The connector ends are not the same, no.
Thanks so much! I'll grab a set. I have changed tweeters out of all my past vehicles and they always make the biggest difference in sound when upgrading off the stock unit.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have the wheelskins too.. I like the look of the factory wheels, just wanted black too so it didn’t make sense to me to shell out the extra money for an aftermarket set of wheels.

fit and finish is very good.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I agree!

·
Registered
808 Posts
👆I agree very tasteful on the mods. Welcome! And by the way good score on the purchase price.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If anyone can chime in on this muffler thread I started I would appreciate it :)

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Installed a cover for the bed today. Came out great! Got it for $180 on amazon (Maxmate Soft Rollup). The cover i had on my last truck was a roll up as well and paid $480. Quality and fit looks identical.

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
Installed a cover for the bed today. Came out great! Got it for $180 on amazon (Maxmate Soft Rollup). The cover i had on my last truck was a roll up as well and paid $480. Quality and fit looks identical.
Nice! Looks like a quality product at a decent price.

Reactions: PomptonFresh

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Swapped out the chrome bumper for an OEM black bumper. Looks so much better in person!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts