Votes: 26 76.5%
  • SEALIGHT

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Other (recommend in comments)

Votes: 5 14.7%
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
2019 CC 4x4 SV
I got my Katanas installed today. Interestingly they have larger fans, and are quieter than Alla Lighting. Kinda anxious to see if there's any real difference in output.

Edit: haven't driven at night yet, but did find the Katanas don't buzz the radio. 馃榿馃憤

Registered
Well, I ended up getting these ---------------------------

and these -----------------------------------------------

1619658874970.png

I also got a bunch of brighter bulbs for the rest of the truck but they're not as interesting. I got the headlights and turn signals in. The are bright white with no hint of blue that I can see, and they color match. The low beam cutoff was a tad fuzzier than the halogen, but still pretty good and in the same spot.

No errors thrown that I saw, but it started raining and I packed up and went inside in a hurry. I didn't check the radio either. I'm not sure I have ever turned on the radio. Maybe the day I bought it for a minute. The mp3 that was playing sounded fine.

I can't wait to see the fog lights switch from white to amber. But I am not looking forward to crawling around on the ground.

Registered
When you get them all in check them by turning on your headlights and then switch on turn signals. I either read on here or seen on YouTube that it causes hyperflash only while headlights were on. I tried mine when I first put them in and one side did it once, never has repeated itself.馃憤

Registered
when you get the 9007s installed, take beam/wall shots from a couple car lengths out. I'm intrigued to see
how they compare with the Katana. Yours seem to have the light devices spaced a little different than the
Katanas.

Registered
2018 CC Pro4x
My katanas have been great, I just wish they made them in 5000k, the 6500k is too blue.

Registered
View attachment 330726

View attachment 330727

View attachment 330728

I also got a bunch of brighter bulbs for the rest of the truck but they're not as interesting. I got the headlights and turn signals in. The are bright white with no hint of blue that I can see, and they color match. The low beam cutoff was a tad fuzzier than the halogen, but still pretty good and in the same spot.

No errors thrown that I saw, but it started raining and I packed up and went inside in a hurry. I didn't check the radio either. I'm not sure I have ever turned on the radio. Maybe the day I bought it for a minute. The mp3 that was playing sounded fine.

I can't wait to see the fog lights switch from white to amber. But I am not looking forward to crawling around on the ground.
I noticed the amber ones have resistors built in. Is it safe to assume you're not getting hyperflash? I'm getting it with mine, but I don't think they're the same LED set shown here.

Premium Member
View attachment 330726

View attachment 330727

View attachment 330728

Strong warning, if those misc bulbs have resistors built into the base, very good chance you could melt your plugs. Have seen and heard of it happening. Resistors can get very hot, that heat has to transfer some place.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Registered
I noticed the amber ones have resistors built in. Is it safe to assume you're not getting hyperflash? I'm getting it with mine, but I don't think they're the same LED set shown here.
I should have paid more attention to how fast they were before They're not hyperflashing, but they do seem a bit caffeinated. I have some regular (not switchback) bulbs for the rear flashers with resistors for the rear on the way. I hope they don't make them even faster. I couldn't find 3157s with built in resistors. I hope the regular LEDs don't do anything weird there.

My 03 Mustang flashed quicker than I liked with nonresistor LEDs in the back, even with the blinker module that was supposed to slow it down. It wouldn't work at all with LEDs in the front too. I ended up leaving one incandescent in each of the back lights. There were three in each, and I added the new/retro module that made them flash outwards. I left the incandescent in the primary slot.

Registered
I got my Katanas installed today. Interestingly they have larger fans, and are quieter than Alla Lighting. Kinda anxious to see if there's any real difference in output.

Edit: haven't driven at night yet, but did find the Katanas don't buzz the radio. 馃榿馃憤
You put them in your 2019? Just want to make sure before I order.

Registered
2019 CC 4x4 SV
Yes, in my 2019.

Have driven with them several times at night and they seem to be a little brighter and have a better pattern than the Alla. One of these days I'm going to try one of each and go for a drive.

Registered
Yes, in my 2019.

Have driven with them several times at night and they seem to be a little brighter and have a better pattern than the Alla. One of these days I'm going to try one of each and go for a drive.
Awesome thanks for the info. Did you do both low and highs?

Registered
2019 CC 4x4 SV
High and low are the same bulb, unless you meant fogs. I have LED fogs, but they aren't Katanas. I swapped in LED's shortly after buying the truck, before I read about Katanas on here.

And just a side note. I got my warranty replacement Alla over the weekend. As I mentioned before, these will be going in the tool bag as spares.

Registered
High and low are the same bulb, unless you meant fogs. I have LED fogs, but they aren't Katanas. I swapped in LED's shortly after buying the truck, before I read about Katanas on here.

And just a side note. I got my warranty replacement Alla over the weekend. As I mentioned before, these will be going in the tool bag as spares.
That's what I meant. Thanks

Registered
Yes, in my 2019.

Which Allas did you have in before? They have a couple or more versions of 9007 HB5 bulbs.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts