Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Other (recommend in comments)

Votes: 5 14.7%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CC 4x4 SV
28 Posts
I bought a set from Alla last July. Was content with them. Low beams buzz the radio, I rarely listen to AM/FM so didn'tcare too much, but high beam went out last night. Ordered a set of Katanas. Alla is going to warrant theirs. I'll keep them in the tool bag as a spare set.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Katana's FTW!!!! just make sure you adjust them as everyones is a little bit different (light beam output)

Reactions: chooooons

·
Registered
422 Posts
Katana was the first brand to have a good LED bulb for the Frontier. So there's going to be a lot more people here with them. Personally I love mine.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Katana was the first brand to have a good LED bulb for the Frontier. So there's going to be a lot more people here with them. Personally I love mine.
+1 I have Katana's too, based solely off the reviews of the kind folk here on CF who were willing to drop $49.95 to try them out, then report their experiences and opinions. I have four sets now, three Toyota RAV4s ( two 2012s and one 2005 ) and the Frontier. No regrets.

Reactions: FishingDude

·
Registered
226 Posts
I am very happy with the Katana. I wish I installed them sooner

·
Super Moderator
11,161 Posts
Anyone ever try the Fahren brand? I put them in my Titan on a recommendation on a Titan forum, they are flat out amazing. I’m not doubting the other brands quality but after two weeks I actually look forward to driving at night. I never thought the stock lights were that bad. It just was how the truck came, after this I couldn’t see not having led lights.
after 2 weeks I still have not gotten high beamed by oncoming vehicles. They are all priced about the same $45-$50.
Fahren 9007/HB5 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 12000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights Conversion Kit 6500K Cool White IP68 Waterproof, Pack of 2 (Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XL7LLVS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_G46Q2QVEAFAEYR6CCQ97

Clint

·
Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
705 Posts
+1 vote for Katana's. I can easily say they are an overall major improvement. I like that these lights as they are bright they are, are not blinding to other drivers even on the bright setting. My only mark against them is that bright white light is a bit hard on the eyes in the dark compared to a more amber hue.

That being said I've seen a ton of competitors to Katanas with good reviews online so I may experiment in the future when time allows.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I made a thread about these https://www.amazon.com/LASFIT-Wireless-Conversion-Fanless-Replacement/dp/B08TQB89PZ/

I'd tried some other led bulbs and they shot the light everywhere.. these don't and are really bright and a nice white color to boot.
Also they don't have fans or anything hanging out of the back. They're the same size as the halogen.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I can’t promise you they will fit but pretty sure they will. They probably just have not updated their website yet.

Those are the ones for our trucks though.. I’m not sure about the fogs, I used something else for them.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I'm somewhat skeptical about the products that don't have a fan.

All LEDs produce heat - You either have to draw it away from the LED (which requires either a sizeable heat sink or a fan), or reduce the amount of power being delivered to the LED (which also reduces its brightness).

Some products advertise that they have "active thermal management" that adjusts the amount of power to keep the LED from overheating. So, the LED gets dimmer as it heats up - Not good.

I've measured the power consumption of the Katanas over an extended period, and didn't see any reduction in power after they had been running for a while - which means that they also didn't get any dimmer after they had been running for a while.

Reactions: MiniDuti

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I'm somewhat skeptical about the products that don't have a fan.

All LEDs produce heat - You either have to draw it away from the LED (which requires either a sizeable heat sink or a fan), or reduce the amount of power being delivered to the LED (which also reduces its brightness).

Some products advertise that they have "active thermal management" that adjusts the amount of power to keep the LED from overheating. So, the LED gets dimmer as it heats up - Not good.

I've measured the power consumption of the Katanas over an extended period, and didn't see any reduction in power after they had been running for a while - which means that they also didn't get any dimmer after they had been running for a while.

View attachment 330569
Completely happy with my Katana's. With the wife's RAV, with the engine off you can barely hear the fans when they're on. The Frontier, nothing. Guess the underhood insulation's thicker or somesuch. As to the extra power draw for cooling, well seriously, is this a Leaf that I'm sweating a few extra erg's of expended power? I'll keep my fans thanks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts