Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to change my spark plugs and found oil on the top of one from where the spark plug well seal was leaking. Both valve covers were leaking, and I had a hell of a time trying to get the spark plug well seals out so I ended up just buying new covers they were only $50 a piece. Put the new plugs in and put the intake back on and now it's getting the po300 random misfire code. I'm gonna take the intake back off and make sure I got everything hooked up right and replace the intake seals. Do you guys think i should replace my ignition coils? Was running just fine before, but the truck does have 140k miles and autozone has a 6-pack of coils for $229.99.

·
Super Moderator
11,735 Posts
Unless they are failing why not just use them until needed?

Clint

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drove it about 30 miles today and got another code, p0430. From what Iv'e read it could just be a vacuum leak in the intake maybe I didn't tighten it down enough. Or could be a cat, this is really starting to get on my nerves.

·
Super Moderator
11,735 Posts
Did you buy new o rings or reuse old ones? You'll get it running right again soon.

Clint

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya that's what was causing the misfire was the seals on the upper intake. Replaced those and thought I was good. It runs smooth as ice. I don't have time to mess with it right now and I gotta drive it to work the next 5 days so hopefully it doesn't mess something up more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts