Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to change my spark plugs and found oil on the top of one from where the spark plug well seal was leaking. Both valve covers were leaking, and I had a hell of a time trying to get the spark plug well seals out so I ended up just buying new covers they were only $50 a piece. Put the new plugs in and put the intake back on and now it's getting the po300 random misfire code. I'm gonna take the intake back off and make sure I got everything hooked up right and replace the intake seals. Do you guys think i should replace my ignition coils? Was running just fine before, but the truck does have 140k miles and autozone has a 6-pack of coils for $229.99.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
$229m considering they're just generic Chinese made parts, order them from amazon $100.

I would make sure the coils are properly installed and the connections are tight.
Good luck!

·
Registered
395 Posts

I bought these a year ago for less than $100, been working fine.

·
Super Moderator
10,433 Posts
Unless they are failing why not just use them until needed?

Clint

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the Intake plenum gasket leaking causing it, runs good now. Decided to keep the factory coils if it ain't broke don't fix it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drove it about 30 miles today and got another code, p0430. From what Iv'e read it could just be a vacuum leak in the intake maybe I didn't tighten it down enough. Or could be a cat, this is really starting to get on my nerves.

·
Super Moderator
10,433 Posts
Did you buy new o rings or reuse old ones? You'll get it running right again soon.

Clint

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya that's what was causing the misfire was the seals on the upper intake. Replaced those and thought I was good. It runs smooth as ice. I don't have time to mess with it right now and I gotta drive it to work the next 5 days so hopefully it doesn't mess something up more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bank 2 catalyst below threshold would tell me to look at the passenger side rear O2 sensor, but most likely the random misfire allowed fuel to get on the cat and partially melt it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts