Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to tow my Fishing Boat , I have seen the plug-in harness at auto stores but they only show up to 2003. Will this work or is there a change for the 05-06? I have an 06 SE

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
No, you to get the factory harness that comes with 2 relays

·
Registered
80 Posts
i bought the factory harness for 30 quid (50 bucks??) - no relays. easy to install. NOT the same as he pathfinder (differnt plugs for some reason).

HTH

Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Towing wire harness

I just installed the OEM flat 4 wireing harness - it comes with a couple of relays that install in the pas. side cab bottom right - with the pig tail that plugs into the back with a nice mounting bracket. Recommend you get this one. Got mine at Courtesy Parts for $46.55 + shipping. You have to specify manual shift or automatic - the reqirement for the relays are different.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
mike said:

Or 3 relays i don't remember which one takes 3, i think the auto takes 2 and the manual takes 3

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Frontier2 said:
mike said:

Or 3 relays i don't remember which one takes 3, i think the auto takes 2 and the manual takes 3

do you have to run any wires up under the hood??? i heard this from someone and was cerious

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
There is about a foot long harness for the relays.I'm not sure where it goes since mine came with the tow package.I did buy a 4 pin harness kit and tapped it into my 7 pin harness.It came with 3 relays,relay harness,traiker harness,mounting bracket and hardware.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts