Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still throwing a code for the catalist efficiency Bank 2. Is this a bad cat or a bad 02 sensor? I was told it was the one on my drivers side. If it were my 02 sensor would it code a different message? Could anything else be throwing this code? Also is this the top cat or bottom cat. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i would think it would be the top cat. what modifications have you done to your exhaust?

also- check the welds. i recently had the weld in front of the secondary cat completely crack and fail all the way around. it didn't throw any codes, but it could have if it wasn't fixed promptly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing has been done at all to my exhaust. The seam in my muffler is cracked and it sounds like crap but other than it's stock. Also I have a 50 series Flowmaster SUV waiting to be done when I find out what the cat problem is. These cat's on ebay for $96.00 Are they alright? They are magnaflow. They are for the 3.3 but it doesn't say supercharged. Is there a difference? Also do you half to remove the manifold to weld this cat on. Thanks again!

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
depends on your state's emission laws. talk to a smog guy before you drop any money so you don't waste money if the aftermarket cat won't fly for smog.
in cali, you can't even move the cat, and absolutely no aftermarket cats are allowed, unless they filter at least 75% (or more) efficiently than stock cats when the car was new (pretty much impossible).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the magnaflow too and love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty(salt in winter kills an exhaust) so I got it here. magnaflow 16628, or you can try one of the vendors:itsfriday:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts