Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
01 V6 manual tranny

I've had my trans out once and my driveshaft out 3 times since owning the truck but I never noticed any play on my trans yoke until now. I also check the driveline for play periodically.

I don't have any vibration or transmission problem at all (yet?)

I just noticed that I have a slight up and down play in the sleeve yoke. The seal is still good, no oil leaks, and the last time I had the yoke out the splines looked perfect (and went back in with grease of course)

The play is not in the u-joint (although I can see it move when I move the yoke up and down)

I looked at a diagram of the extension housing and it seems like there is no bearing or bushing at all in the housing and the closest bearing is behind the extension housing in the gearbox itself which goes by the name of mainshaft bearing

What do you guys think???

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
The play is not in the u-joint (although I can see it move when I move the yoke up and down)

I wonder if you notice the play in the yoke now, because of the play in the u joint. Just a thought. I think I would replace the u joint, and see if it helps.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I wonder if you notice the play in the yoke now, because of the play in the u joint. Just a thought. I think I would replace the u joint, and see if it helps.
You could be right, the u joint would be cheap assurance and even though it's a Moog only about a year old I think it does have to be replaced. I guess I'll do that first

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts