Nissan Frontier Forum banner

401 - 404 of 404 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Aerosol is the way I've done it for grille and emblems. I wouldnt recommend doing your rims as it probably won't hold up to that abuse, but I suppose if it doesnt you can always just peel it off and redo it or try something else!
The only issue I had when I had my old wheels Plasti dipped was when I would have a flat repair the rim area would get peeled off. Easy enough to reapply, I was usually due for a refresh anyway.

Not sure I would do a grille or bumper though. Emblems for sure.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab
15 Posts
Aerosol is the way I've done it for grille and emblems. I wouldnt recommend doing your rims as it probably won't hold up to that abuse, but I suppose if it doesnt you can always just peel it off and redo it or try something else!
Right, I guess that’s the cool thing about plasti dip...can just peel it off lol

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Right, I guess that’s the cool thing about plasti dip...can just peel it off lol
I had my wheels Plasti dipped for about 5 years. I'd easily get 2ish years out of a wheel before I had to respray. In the end, I didn't like the satin look. My current wheels are a set of SV wheels I got cheap and sprayed those with rustoleum as I was only in $75 on the wheels and they were a bit dinged and needed sanding anyway. I then went with a semi gloss black instead of the satin that the plasti dip is.

·
Registered
2019 CC 4x4 SV
80 Posts
I did the tailgate emblems. Been holding up good for almost a year. I also did the bumpers on my Plymouth. It was supposed to be a temporary thing till I could get new bumpers and have them painted. It's held up well there too, but it's just a weekend cruiser.

401 - 404 of 404 Posts