Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, there is a plastic "thing" on the top rear corner of the passenger seat on my Frontier. I have no idea what it is and I don't want to pull or pry on it lest I break it. I have attached a photo .... does anyone know what this is/does or why it is there? Sorry if this is an easy or common question!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's to lay the seat down forward for use of that plastic tray on the back. Though, I could be wrong. No such feature in my 2016 crew cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
So exactly why did they get rid of this fold flat passenger seat anyways? It's not on current models as previously stated.

·
Registered
2015 CC SL 4x4 - Lear Cap.
231 Posts
I gave the back seat of my CC to my dachshunds, looks like something good they could chew on.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You apparently have a 2 door, it's so the person in the back can get out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all, i did go through the manual but didn't see anything about it in the "seat" section. I am getting old so it is quite possible I missed it so than you for the replies/info! :) I will try it when I get home from work!!

·
Premium Member
7,135 Posts
I ran to the garage LATE last night to check...not there on my '15 KC.
Good thing too, since I have Wet Okole on order. Phew...

·
Registered
334 Posts
WOT? :serious:
It's a convenience lever, gives quicker access to the back seat, it's something you'll find on most 2-door cars, but not on 4 door cars:

Come to think of, it, I guess the 2-door frontier doesn't really have a rear seat, but still, this lever is unique to 2-door vehicles for quick access. You won't find it on the 4-door models:

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's a convenience lever, gives quicker access to the back seat, it's something you'll find on most 2-door cars, but not on 4 door cars:

Come to think of, it, I guess the 2-door frontier doesn't really have a rear seat, but still, this lever is unique to 2-door vehicles for quick access. You won't find it on the 4-door models:
Right, but none of this applies to the Frontier since the item in question is the fold flat seat lever, which was apparently removed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This was a feature on my 2011 X'terra (handle for folding flat for a "table" as the salesman said). My 2015 CC does not have this feature. It isn't a connivance thing for 2 doors as was previously stated just a fold forward and flat feature.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the lever on my 2014 Crew. So this must have changed between the 2014/2015 model years. After the salesman talked about how this was such a great feature, I've never used it. ::smile::

·
Registered
83 Posts
You apparently have a 2 door, it's so the person in the back can get out.
Not true I have a Crew Cab and it has fold flat passenger seat.
~Richard

·
Registered
32 Posts
It can be used as a desk for a laptop, or someplace to put food, whatever. Have one in my 2011 CC. Nice little feature. Do not use it a lot ,but it is there.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
So exactly why did they get rid of this fold flat passenger seat anyways? It's not on current models as previously stated.
This was a feature on my 2011 X'terra (handle for folding flat for a "table" as the salesman said). My 2015 CC does not have this feature. It isn't a connivance thing for 2 doors as was previously stated just a fold forward and flat feature.
It seems pretty spotty on if you have it or not on just about any MY config. Both KC & CC can have it, but there's no rhyme or reason to it, aside from basic S models not getting it

After the salesman talked about how this was such a great feature, I've never used it. ::smile::
this is why it was killed off... no one ever seems to use it or care about it. Personally, I'd rather have seatback pockets than the plastic tray. When folded down, the tray is too tall to put anything on it while youre driving (plus it'll slide off) and its too low & far away to comfortably use as a table.... and if you need a laptop computer table-thing for while you drive (WHY?!?!?!?!) your computer will end up in the back on hte floor... its just pretty useless.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts