Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the plastic piece under the front bumper? I assume it's there for fuel economy reasons like all the other manufacturers but I'm sure it hinders the truck's ability offroad and affects approach angle and ground clearance.

I'm talking about that flat plastic piece under the front bumper that runs across the whole front end visible in this image here.

It looks like its held on by a few screws and bolts. I'm debating removing it form my truck. Looking for advice to make removal easier or reasons not to.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I removed mine because my tire/wheel combo ripped part of it off. It's super easy, a 10mm socket I believe will remove the whole thing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was nothing else there I need to worry about? I assume the bolts/screws need to go back on to keep the bottom of the bumper secure?

I'll take the one on mine off this weekend.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
I took mine off as it got hit by rocks. Removed before it was completely damaged. It is good for 1 or 2 mpg.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I didn't notice really any change in mpg.

I had to put a couple back in for sure to hold the bottom secure. And I know the outside screws in the fender wells need to be put back in. So all in all, just reinstall all the hardware.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info guys! Will be doing this then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts