Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x 6sp King Cab
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plasti dipped my front nissan emblem as well as the lettering on the tailgate. I think it turned out great, definitely complements the accenting on the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to see your success as I’m about to do mine
Let the plasti dip sit in warm water in between coats, I did it for the back but not the grill emblem and it really made a difference on how crisp the coats went on. I think it dried faster too. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I’m not much for colors other than black but I’m impressed! Looks really good.. can you share a side view pic of your truck, I like how the red in the pro4x decal looks on that color.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m not much for colors other than black but I’m impressed! Looks really good.. can you share a side view pic of your truck, I like how the red in the pro4x decal looks on that color.
Thanks, it has some red accents on the interior as well so I kind of embraced that. I was trying to put something red on there that would be tasteful but not too flashy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Frontier LE CC
60 Posts
The red look really good. I love seeing how creative people can be. My truck is silver so I just ended up taking my badges off and plastidipped the grill and tailgate handle area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya looks good! Whats kind of headlights do you have?

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Kschill24, MadeInDixie's 2007 Frontier is a pre-2009 model that comes w/ the older style of headlight where the turn signal section on on top instead of the inner/lower corner like 2009+ models have. These headlight styles are not interchangeable, fwiw.

Reactions: Kschill24

·
Registered
2007 Frontier LE CC
60 Posts
Kschill24, MadeInDixie's 2007 Frontier is a pre-2009 model that comes w/ the older style of headlight where the turn signal section on on top instead of the inner/lower corner like 2009+ models have. These headlight styles are not interchangeable, fwiw.
Forgive the possibly dumb question OP: what’s the deal with the big block of red over the emblems in one of the pictures? Is that some sort of masking technique I need to know about?
When you spray plastidip, you leave a 2 inch overlap. That way when you pull it off, it leaves a crisp *** line on everything that you wanted that color. Check it out on youtube, they explain it way better

·
Registered
33 Posts
Change the front to red, not sure how i feel about it
The spray job looks good, but I'm not a huge fan of the color. It reminds me of Rudolph the Red-Nosed reindeer lol. Maybe change it to black or dark gray?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The spray job looks good, but I'm not a huge fan of the color. It reminds me of Rudolph the Red-Nosed reindeer lol. Maybe change it to black or dark gray?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
My buddy refers to it as a clown nose heh🤡... I had it as black in one of the pictures above, maybe ill switch it back idk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts