Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my frontier for a year now and find myself with the itch to start customizing the exterior however I can not for the life of me find a place to buy any after market stuff. I want to change my head/tail light assemblies, the chrome grill "U" and a few other items. Does anybody have any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I have had my frontier for a year now and find myself with the itch to start customizing the exterior however I can not for the life of me find a place to buy any after market stuff. I want to change my head/tail light assemblies, the chrome grill "U" and a few other items. Does anybody have any recommendations?
Well, for starters we need to know what year & model Frontier you have. Is it a 1st or a 2nd gen? How about a 2x4 or a 4x4? Is it a KC or is it a CC? If we knew those things that would help us to narrow your searches to better fit what youre looking for.
Other than that you can hit most of the common online stores such as CarID, JCWhitney, PRG, or you could look on the Nissan E-Store. Probably the best advise I personally could give you is get an idea of whatever it is you're wanting to do then do a forum search for it. Even if the thread you come across is fairly old there could still be some really good information in it. Basically it boils down to read, read, & read some more to become as informed about your truck as you possibly can.
Let us know what you come up with. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, for starters we need to know what year & model Frontier you have. Is it a 1st or a 2nd gen? How about a 2x4 or a 4x4? Is it a KC or is it a CC? If we knew those things that would help us to narrow your searches to better fit what youre looking for.
Other than that you can hit most of the common online stores such as CarID, JCWhitney, PRG, or you could look on the Nissan E-Store. Probably the best advise I personally could give you is get an idea of whatever it is you're wanting to do then do a forum search for it. Even if the thread you come across is fairly old there could still be some really good information in it. Basically it boils down to read, read, & read some more to become as informed about your truck as you possibly can.
Let us know what you come up with. Good luck!
Apologies I thought this was all in my signature. I have a 2016 SV CC 4x4. Basically I'd like to change out the stock grille assembly for something else. Doesn't seem to be alot out there for the Frontier in this area.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
No worries, its all good. Yeah, our trucks don't get much aftermarket love at all compared to the other makes, that's for sure. Never really understood why. Maybe its Nissan not willing to sell the tooling rights to aftermarket companies?? Who knows. I do know theres a few companies out there that make grilles for our trucks though.

One of them is a company called GrilleCraft. They aren't exactly cheap, but I personally think they make some of the best looking grilles for our trucks. Im actually planning on getting one in the near future & installing it. Other than that you just gotta do quite abit of internet searching for whatever it is youre looking for. That includes searching the forum as well.

Besides GrilleCraft, it all depends on the style you want & how much your're willing to spend. Therese several threads that talk about different grilles for our trucks & even how to make your own grille. The one thing you need to watch for is to NOT buy anything for 2009 or earlier. The front of our trucks got a face-lift back then & certain things will fit across all years & other things wont. Plus, it depends on what type of front end you have. Do you have a metal bumper, a plastic bumper, or is it a two-piece??

It sorta goes to my previous post. Rather than just buying a bunch of stuff off the internet do your researching first. Then do more of it. Trust me, it will save you a lot of money & a lot of headache in the future. Ask me how I know this.:roll:

Anyways, good luck to ya & your modding! And remember, we loooove pictures of what you've done to your ride!:smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts