Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a NIB 2013 Pioneer AVH-X1500DVD reciever I'd like to install in place of the OEM non RF 6 disc reciever in my '10 Pro-4x. Looks like I need a bunch of Metra install parts (dash kit, harness plug, antenna plug). I'm going to add a reverse camera as well (any recommendations?).

Onto the big question, Can I retain my OEM bluetooth calling function? It might be a deal breaker because the Pioneer reciever does not have any bluetooth functionality. Streaming audio doesn't matter to me, I'd just like to be able to take calls and use the OEM steering wheel controls.

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
Have a NIB 2013 Pioneer AVH-X1500DVD reciever I'd like to install in place of the OEM non RF 6 disc reciever in my '10 Pro-4x. Looks like I need a bunch of Metra install parts (dash kit, harness plug, antenna plug). I'm going to add a reverse camera as well (any recommendations?).

Onto the big question, Can I retain my OEM bluetooth calling function? It might be a deal breaker because the Pioneer reciever does not have any bluetooth functionality. Streaming audio doesn't matter to me, I'd just like to be able to take calls and use the OEM steering wheel controls.
If you needed BT why didn't you get a head unit with BT functionality in the first place?

The factory BT and steering wheel controls will not function without a compatible "main unit" - which is (obviously) either your factory BT-capable head unit or an aftermarket head unit with BT and steering wheel control capability.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

If you needed BT why didn't you get a head unit with BT functionality in the first place?

The factory BT and steering wheel controls will not function without a compatible "main unit" - which is (obviously) either your factory BT-capable head unit or an aftermarket head unit with BT and steering wheel control capability.
A friend gave it to me, looks like I'll be returning it to him and leaving well enough alone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts