Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I bought my Pioneer AVIC-F700Bt used. I had to get all the harnesses to go with it. I have not bought the one with the white plug that goes to the unit. It has the RCA plugs on it. Does anybody know if this is a must have harness? I was able to hook it up today, I do have sound and it appears that I have Navi. What is that other harness for?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sounds like your talking about the one that has all the RCA's for sub's and the front and rear inputs. It also has the remote turn on for amps. Power, speakers, illumination, etc., are on the main harness.

Someone chime in and correct me if I'm wrong here.....

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thats the one. But do I have to have it? I don't have amps or anything else rigged up yet.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
no you do not have to have it, my friend's running his Z2 that way and has been for over a year in his 350z. you will need the harness if you evetually decide that you want those I/O's but other than that, no it will not change anything. congrats on the purchase, how does it sound compared to the older setup? tried out the BT yet? i've been thinking about adding it to my D3 but just haven't ever gotten around to it...

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info,

I have not tried the BT yet. I have been trying to update it to the new 3.02 version of firmware. SO far, no go. I am trying to get the newest maps, poi, and firmware. Then I'll really try everything out.

It is a nice unit. I got it for cheap on ebay, but realized later the harnesses were the expensive part. Thats why I have not gotten the harness in question. (53 bucks plus 6.50 ship, yikes)

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
yea i wish there was a cheaper way but that's exactly why my friend with the Z doesn't have the harness yet either. he bought it off the shelf when CC closed for cheap but it only came with the main harness. i've looked and looked but the only place i can find those harnesses is directly from pioneer for the price of your first born child and 60ish buck on ebay for knock offs

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
will it work for a Pioneer? That would be awesome! LMK

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
let me check my tool box at work, I may have a rca harness that you can have for just shipping
if you can scrounge up two, lmk as well, i'll be happy to buy plus some extra for your trouble!!:fantastic:

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
the one i'm looknig for is for a Z2, it has 2 or 3 sets of RCA outputs (can't remember which) and one set of RCA inputs. if you only have one, i'll let NCFronty take first dibs on it if that's what he needs as well

·
Registered
210 Posts
SO I bought my Pioneer AVIC-F700Bt used. I had to get all the harnesses to go with it. I have not bought the one with the white plug that goes to the unit. It has the RCA plugs on it. Does anybody know if this is a must have harness? I was able to hook it up today, I do have sound and it appears that I have Navi. What is that other harness for?
Sounds like a FM/AM antenna adapter or amp wiring kit.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah it is for in/out amp stuff and a backup camera.

Here's my new splash screen(startup screen) I made for my F700BT navi.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To make a spalsh screen you need to make a bitmap image that is 800x480. Then you need to download some files to access the windows CE within your avic. (essentiall turns your radio into a pc temporarily) Then you copy the pictures you made from your SD card to the appropriate folder. Then when you restart, your picture is now part of the choices you can select from in the settings.

Basically go here--> AVIC411.com • Index page and read a ton. I am a member on there (highaltitude) so if you have questions I can help you. There are a TON of mods you can do. People don't realize, these systems nowadays aren't just "smart radios" they are pc's performing Audio/Video/Navi programs. GL

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
New version of my startup/splash screen I made for my navi to go with my blue gauges:)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you can post pics I bet I could tell you if it would work?:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.