Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
One last question to clear up.

The ground wire from the Pioneer harness has a factory connector on it for a bolt (see my pic)... so this will go to a ground. Correct? Then I need to make a whole new ground wire seperate from that one that will ground in the same place. Correct? Then take that new ground wire and come off, split into 2 wires and they would go to 86 and 87 on the relay. Do I have this right?

·
Registered
143 Posts
according to your diagram all you need to ground is the ground wire from the deck, and the ground wire from the relay. And thats all

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
I didn't draw those diagrams or else I'd know exactly what to do lol but I'll draw something for you real quick because I"m not coming across clear enough I guess.

A or B?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ground everything to the same bolt.

·
Registered
923 Posts
they are both the same thing its just where you are connecting your 2 grounds to one another

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
no but he is being serious when i did mine i had a friend help me and i was like wait what do i do bla bla bla he just goes match the colors and ground anything black together idc how just put them together and ground them and my unit works great

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was the person with the suggestions of using the dash kit for the double trim piece, or using the double din trim ring that comes with the head unit. Then, using the factory mounting brackets to mount the headunit to the truck. I thought you had the harness adapt's for the factory plug? I am glad you went back and used the harness adapt. and was able to salvage the factory plug.

I thought you only wanted options/info for the dash kit and mounting brackets..

I hope you were able to get everything working. If so, how does it sound? Do you have any pic's to share of the complete install?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Do you have any pic's to share of the complete install?
Yea if you wanna see a gap in the area around the unit because the "trim piece" that came with it does not fit. It's too big for the first outline around the face of the unit and too small for the outer most perimeter around the unit. So now I'm looking for trim bezel that will fill the gap.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yea if you wanna see a gap in the area around the unit because the "trim piece" that came with it does not fit. It's too big for the first outline around the face of the unit and too small for the outer most perimeter around the unit. So now I'm looking for trim bezel that will fill the gap.
I am not sure how far the Pioneer sticks out from the dash, so that might be the reason the provided trim is not working. Now, before snapping the dash into place,,,you did attach the trim ring around the headunit first, correct? That is how I installed my Alpine W-505 and it worked perfectly. If you try to connect the trim ring to the headunit after the upper dash is snapped into place, it will not work. Just a suggestion?

Also, I actually have a brand new metra, double-din trim piece that came with my unit from Crutchfield. Since I used the trim ring that came from Alpine, I never used the one from Crutchfield. If you are interested, you can send me a PM, let me know your location. I would be glad to mail it to you. No cost, you can have it. It's been laying here in my office.

Let me know how it turns out and if you are interested in the Metra piece. There is no sense in you buying a whole dash kit just for this one piece.

Regards,

Patrick

·
Registered
17 Posts
So now I'm looking for trim bezel that will fill the gap.
Me too! I just finished installing my Kenwood DDX-514 and I've got the exact same issue.

There is no sense in you buying a whole dash kit just for this one piece.
:hi: If he's not interested or it doesn't fit his HU......

Here's a guy who has exactly what I need but, he wants $22 plus shipping from UK. I'd rather make one from scratch than pay that amount for a piece of abs plastic

Kenwood Pioneer stereo outer trim surround DOUBLE DIN - eBay (item 170365683083 end time Aug-28-09 05:11:05 PDT)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I am not sure how far the Pioneer sticks out from the dash, so that might be the reason the provided trim is not working. Now, before snapping the dash into place,,,you did attach the trim ring around the headunit first, correct? That is how I installed my Alpine W-505 and it worked perfectly. If you try to connect the trim ring to the headunit after the upper dash is snapped into place, it will not work. Just a suggestion?

Also, I actually have a brand new metra, double-din trim piece that came with my unit from Crutchfield. Since I used the trim ring that came from Alpine, I never used the one from Crutchfield. If you are interested, you can send me a PM, let me know your location. I would be glad to mail it to you. No cost, you can have it. It's been laying here in my office.

Let me know how it turns out and if you are interested in the Metra piece. There is no sense in you buying a whole dash kit just for this one piece.

Regards,

Patrick
The trim ring is too small to fit around the whole unit (outer most perimeter) and too big to fit around the face it just falls off regardless of how you put it on. (See Pic) I would be more than glad to accept your offer on the Crutchfield trim ring.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks again for the trim bezel Patrick. I changed my background image tonight! :fantastic:

Dave,,no problem. I didn't get your PM with full address and such until late last evening. (Thursday). It's Friday morning and I will be mailing the trim piece to you this morning. Now, it looks different than what is posted a few post back. It's not the real thick piece,,it's the double din piece that attaches to the inside of your upper bezel, then the upper bezel and trim piece slides over the face of your headunit. I hope it works...

I will shoot you an PM when I get back from the post office and let you know it's in the mail. I will also include my cell #, in case you have any questions once you receive the piece. Again, I hope this works for you.

Regards,

Patrick

Dave,

I just returned from the post office. The trim piece is on it way to you. I also sent you an PM.

I hope this helps,,

Regards,

Patrick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just installed a Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD. I bought it from Crutchfield's because they do the hard work and include wiring harnesses that match up to the vehicle's factory connectors. They even include photos in the installation kit that show how to take the dash apart. It was so easy, my 15 year son did most of the work. Only thing left is the second part of your question...how to by-pass parking brake sensor requirement. What was the relay you bought and how/where did you install it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Just installed a Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD. I bought it from Crutchfield's because they do the hard work and include wiring harnesses that match up to the vehicle's factory connectors. They even include photos in the installation kit that show how to take the dash apart. It was so easy, my 15 year son did most of the work. Only thing left is the second part of your question...how to by-pass parking brake sensor requirement. What was the relay you bought and how/where did you install it?
Look at post #14 and #17. Those diagrams show you where to hook up your wires. The real picture that shows the relay you can see which wires are being used. I bought the relay from Radioshack.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Look at post #14 and #17. Those diagrams show you where to hook up your wires. The real picture that shows the relay you can see which wires are being used. I bought the relay from Radioshack.
Thanks for the quick response, SulphurDave. I understand the ground wire and green parking brake wire, but what is the "blue remote wire" from the receiver? On my Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD there is a blue input wire for "IP-Bus input". It's used to run a satellite multi-CD player into the AVH-P6000. Is this the blure wire you used?
Thanks again, nissanjoe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally got around to installing the Radio Shack relay to by-pass the parking brake interlock for watching DVD. It worked great. I want to thank SulphurDave and all the other folks who contributed to this thread.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts