Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few hours of install and there it is........

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far it drives great with really no noticeable difference. I did get a wheel alignment afterwards, and the only change there was the toe in. It had to be corrected. Did some minor 4 wheeling to see about bottoming out but didnt really notice anything bad...

Overall very pleased

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
whats up with everyone saying there is no difference in ride with the lift?!?!?!?!?!? there is a very noticable difference in my fronty with the prg lift. i have 2'' in front and 1.5 out back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lift Details
2.5 inche spacers in front and 1.5 blocks in back. I measured body height before and after and the actual lift height was 2.5 inches in front and 1 inch in back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
livin_loud said:
whats up with everyone saying there is no difference in ride with the lift?!?!?!?!?!? there is a very noticable difference in my fronty with the prg lift. i have 2'' in front and 1.5 out back.

The only difference I have noticed is height...I feel taller but the ride is the same to me. What is different for you?

·
Registered
109 Posts
How hard was it to install the kit. Pretty straight forward?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Here is my truck after the same PRG 2.5 Front and 1.5 rear blocks. My off-road guy also grinded the top and sides of the coil bucket (since I opted for the 2.5 and not the 2.0)and repainted them gloss black to help and they haven't touched yet in almost a week. I am very happy and the ride is great. Hopefully the Total Chaos Arms will be under the Christmas Tree.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am at the PRG site, they have 2" and 3". they say with 3" inch you need the upper arms. Do you really?PRG FRONTIER MINI KIT

The PRG Mini Lift Kit includes the PRG front lift spacers plus a rear block kit. The kit is designed to give an overall mild lift along with a leveling effect, at an affordable price. Either kit will work on a 2WD vehicle, but we highly recommend the Total Chaos upper control arms for use with the 3" lift spacers/2" rear block combo. Please note: kits with 2" rear lift use a cast steel block.
$249 + FREE SHIPPING
2" Front Lift Spacers/1.5" Rear Block3" Front Lift Spacers/2" Rear Block

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Greg told me the PRG kit with the A-arms is actually a 2.75" spacer lift and the actual spacer itself is only 1.75" (i measured it b4 we put it on). I went ahead and got it and had my Susp guy grind the coil bucket lip back a little and then painted it. This has helped but I will get the a-arms soon. I wanted the most lift now so I don't have to change the spacers when I get the arms. After the coils have settled total lift for me is closer to 2.25 on my 06 Nismo.

Also I wanted a 1" diff in the front and the back so I went w/ the 1.5 rear blocks to it wd be more level as they have a 1" rake. I also did not want to replace the rear Bilistien shocks and you would have to (very reccomended) if you get the 2" rear blocks.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
livin_loud said:
I second that. I have the same lift......prg 2"/1.5".

·
Registered
297 Posts
REDNISMOCRU said:
After the coils have settled total lift for me is closer to 2.25 on my 06 Nismo.
What? Coils settled after the PRG lift? You must have installed this kit when your truck had only a few miles on it.

I only noticed a slight change in ride when I installed the PRG lift, but I really can't explain how it changed. Just different.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
It had 3500 miles on it when I installed it. It just seemed taller the day I got it done and a few days later it looked like it went down just a bit. I went back and looked again tonight and it really doesn't look that different. I think I just got used to it. Maybe an 1/8 or 1/4 inch of settling down. It is still really tall up front with the taller Spacer.

The reason I thougt so is a friend of mine with an 02 Fronty said the coils may settle down just a little once I drive around for a while with the spacer and I guess that is why I was looking. My gallery has a shot of when I brought it home and another pic 2 days later. All in all I am glad I had Greg send me the tallest spacer (2.75) and it netted me at least 2.5.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Who is Greg? And how can I get a hold of him?

·
Registered
441 Posts
My truck is higher

·
Registered
297 Posts
Benzo said:
Who is Greg? And how can I get a hold of him?
Greg from PRG Products (aka Pre-runner Greg). He is the suspension guru for Nissans. http://www.prgproducts.com

I presume his email address is on the website but there is no guarantee he'll respond. I sent him a couple emails about getting a smaller sized front spacer but they went unanswered, thus I went with the AC lift. However, I've noticed he's been very active on the forum the last few weeks. Good luck.

·
Registered
246 Posts
For those of you that have or are putting lifts like these on your trucks....doesnt it lift up the front and rear so the truck is level? and doing so...when you put any payload or tow anything then it will sag and be all uneven and look really funky in the process? is this not an issue for you guys and you just gotta have the lift.

·
Registered
396 Posts
just about every lift manufacturer has options for this exact reason. prg has different sized blocks (1", 1.5" and 2") depending on whether you want to keep the stock rake or not, and AC has a choice between shackles and add-a-leafs for the rear. i'm guessing that they assume the customers are aware of what kind of priorities they may have with their driving habits, and buy accordingly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts