Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finding time to post some pics...

Despite having to leave my truck at home, my first trip to WENTwindrock was an enjoyable and memorable one. On Wednesday, I worked for half a day, hopped on a plane, flew out to Nashville, picked up a rental car, drove an hour to a hotel, and went to bed. 3 hours later (yikes), I drove another 1.5 hours, went grocery shopping, and managed to make it to the event nice and early. I was greated by bhowdy, who had put together a "Tennessee care package" for me, consisting of a T shirt, a few decals, and yes...a straw hat (thanks Bob!).

Since, I didn't have my truck with me, I decided to ride with a different person each day of the event - ScottB1982 on Thursday (who impressed me with his ability to navigate his 2WD Frontier through the rocks and mud), bhowdy on Friday (he'll talk your ear off but what a nice guy!), and drbandkgb on Saturday (who put me to work driving his rig "Betty White" through some of the harder sections so that he could focus on spotting). The week's festivities also included a night run, Nissan Nation Podcast night (I was interviewed), and the White Knuckle Off Road Rock Challenge.

Big thanks to the organizers of the event - David, Kelly, Luke and Jenna - for all of their hard work and also for letting me crash with them; Scott, Bob and David for giving me rides (and David for trusting me with his rig and giving me a little seat time); David and JR for leading the trails that I did; and ALL of the other members and non-members who I met who made my first WENT experience really fun.

Here are some pics as well as a video from the White Knuckle rock challenge.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great pics! I wish I could of ran the sat trail run with you all

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
The WENT photos are finally up on my website. 811 images / 21+ gb!

All the images are sorted by the date and have a number I.D. (hold your mouse over the thumbnail of the image and the number is in the top right corner)
With so many of the trails being in shade and sun (dappled light) it would have taken much longer for me to clean up each image .... So I decided to only edit the images that people want.

If you like an image (or a few) send me an email and I will clean them up and send the pics to you ... free, no charge, nada, zip, zilch
On the bottom of each page (on my photo site) is a "Contact" button ... use that to let me know what you would like.

Hope that you enjoy them.

Zenfolio | Bob Howdeshell Wildlife & Nature Photography | WENT Windrock 2016

·
Registered
69 Posts
The WENT photos are finally up on my website. 811 images / 21+ gb!

All the images are sorted by the date and have a number I.D. (hold your mouse over the thumbnail of the image and the number is in the top right corner)
With so many of the trails being in shade and sun (dappled light) it would have taken much longer for me to clean up each image .... So I decided to only edit the images that people want.

If you like an image (or a few) send me an email and I will clean them up and send the pics to you ... free, no charge, nada, zip, zilch
On the bottom of each page (on my photo site) is a "Contact" button ... use that to let me know what you would like.

Hope that you enjoy them.

Zenfolio | Bob Howdeshell Wildlife & Nature Photography | WENT Windrock 2016
Great pics Bob!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts