Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I led a trail run today on Hunter Lake Trail near Reno, Nevada to check out some fall colors. This is the first time in over a year I've led a decent-sized group on a run, and several of the attendees were forum members. We started off with 8 rigs and ended with 7.

First, a parking lot pic...Big Xterra, Little Xterra. The SFA 1st gen belongs to rawkerstatus.

Some small aspen groves on the western portion of the trail.

One particularly rocky and muddy section of trail. This was my only opportunity to get pics of anyone's rig before the trenches near the end. I missed kode3 and just barely got Nissan4Life.

rawkerstatus making a splash:

Stock Xterra. Pretty new driver but he had such a great attitude about everything:

Token Taco:

My friend Sam in his new Tacoma who graciously agreed to tail gun:

The original plan was to return the same way we came in because I didn't know how torn up the eastern half of the trail would be. But this group had done so well that when we got to Hunter Lake, we decided to drive it all the way through rather than turn around. Some of the ruts in the trail were quite a bit more carved out than last year, but everyone got through OK.

This trail climbs to about 9000 feet in elevation. We didn't encounter any snow on the trail, but we did encounter ice. This stream running down the trail was frozen:

Some nice aspens on the Reno side:

rawkerstatus putting the new SAS to the test. It got scared and tried to play dead in the second pic. He was unable to back up and decided to keep forging ahead. Yes, there is a little body damage.

Really fun outing with a really great group of people! Thanks to everyone who attended and made this such a fun day!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Absolutely amazing scenery !! Looks like an awesome trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts
I had a great time, thanks again to everyone! Didn't break a thing on the trail but earned a new windshild West of Auburn on the way home... my eyes caught the huge piece of jagged aggregate as it flew into my path from the middle lane, and BANG!

P.S. My buddy Phill is working one the drone footage and should reach out to those that offered e-mails soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanx again for leading this run! I felt like I soud have gone slower. Really wanted to feel the flex out but the SAS just made it so easy to drive through.... except that last part.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Beautiful pics an scenery guys saw the ice and looks like it was a lot of fun for all that got to attend even for the "X" really makes me wish I was back in Az closer to that an Vegas.
Right now trying to finish up something nice for the Nissan that it needed but taking another break kinda why I'm here lol posting will follow in the thread "WHYDFYFT/L" when I get it done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts