Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off it was an amazing day at the off road park. before this the only off roading i had really done was some farm trails and muddy fields cause most of my friends with trucks drive domestics that are road queens lifted up and on 35 in MTs for no other reason than to burn them off on the street. i have one buddy thats pretty big into off roading (dave) that has a pretty sick cherokee but sadly he didn't get it back together in time to take it out this weekend but he got another buddy of ours with a cherokee with 4 in of lift on 31 in bfg AT and we met up with a clubxterra member out there who has a first gen x also on bfg at. my frontier was longer, wider, lower to the ground, and i'm running rugged trails which i hear bad things about so as i was watching them going through some of the stuff i was thinking my frontier wasnt' going to do as well as it did. in fact everyone was amazed by it. as i'm pooing my pants going up or down a hill trail that just looked impassible for me and gave the cherokee and x some trouble my buddy dave who was doing all the spotting for the harder stuff kept getting this grin on has face and i think was getting even more excited than me at times when my frontier was making these same spots that gave the other guys trouble look easy. i wish i had more pics, dave too a bunch while he was spotting everyone and i think some videos so once i get some of those i'll add them cause the ones i got really don't do this trip justice by any means.i would have taken more pics but i was either pooing my pants or cleaning the poo out of my pants while looking what i came through and still not believing it lol. we all aired down to 20psi and i was really happy with the rugged trails, i'm not saying that something else wouldn't have been better but they got me through it all and did a dam good job of it. i did bend the 7 pin trailer wiring bracket just like some of you said i would on the second hill and destroyed the round plug so i unplugged the harness from it and kept going lol i also got some really nice pin stripes all over the truck. when my girlfriend saw it she was amazed that i wasn't crying lol but tree branch pin stripes from a great day of wheeling i can live with, the r tard in the parking lot that flings open their door like they never expected a truck to be parked next to them at the store makes me mad.

i can't wait to go out there again. i think next time i may pull off my sway bar before we go and see how it does like that cause i could tell a couple times that the sway bar was pulling a wheel up that really needed to droop because the other was coming up on a rock or something on the trail. i think it will do even better with the front non tied together by the sway bar. and i just sent idleone the money to take his old 2in front spacers off his hands so the extra 2 in up front should help too. i was pretty worried at times about my gas tank so i may try to find someone selling their old nismo/pro4x skids. i'll probably pick up a set of 1.5 or 2 in blocks in the rear or an add a leaf pack. i know the aal is much better (especially since my leafs stock are slightly inverted) but the blocks are way cheap and my 3 1/2 month old baby isn't cheap and sucking up all my money lol. i think i may have started a horrible horrible addiction, had this problem with my Z i just couldn't stop doing stuff to it heh.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow, seem like fun, I'm glad you enjoyed, but damn, you bent your 7-pins hitch connector out of wack.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
nice pics looks like its time to mount the 7pin in the bumper :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i def need to make a new home for the 7 pin.... and get a new plug lol i was pretty surprised that i came home with mud flaps on it still cause at some point i has every single one of them folded up but none of them even cracked or anything.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Nice, looks like you had a good time.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its was a great time, the park was the perfect set up for stockers without being boring. it puts you at the limit the whole time and then there is just harder and harder stuff from there that require from mildly built rigs to some stuff you only want to do in those tube chassis buggy crawlers. i can't wait to go back again and next time i'll get more pics and maybe camp out since there are camp grounds on site and make a whole weekend out of it.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Great story. It's addicting isn't it?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so addicting lol. i think my girlfriend is tired of hearing me talk about it but i'm not done yet lol. i think she's going to be hooked too once i take her out with me next time

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Fun! huh?

If using a 7-pin ain't in your agenda... Sawzall that plate and zip tie the plug outta the way.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i don't do much towing so i'll just cut off the bracket as you've said and it the harness up till i relocate it to the bumber like a few other guys have done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.