Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It really is not a matter of how much more horsepower it will give you it makes a difference in torque. The SC makes about as much torque stock as the new 4 liter frontier. The SC was a rare jewel in a blah bland truck market. With some increases in boost the engine will make more reliable power. A supercharger is for torque a turbocharger for horsepower. A smaller pulley can make a difference of 10-20 horsepower or roughly a 10 percent gain over stock horsepower and torque levels. Small increases in boost can make larger increases in power. For example my 240 makes 250 horses or so at 10-11 psi but this figure increases to 330 with around 17 lbs of boost. A supercharger is not as efficient IMO but they do basically the same thing one on the intake side SC the other on the exhaust side TC..............

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
It really is not a matter of how much more horsepower it will give you it makes a difference in torque. The SC makes about as much torque stock as the new 4 liter frontier. The SC was a rare jewel in a blah bland truck market. With some increases in boost the engine will make more reliable power. A supercharger is for torque a turbocharger for horsepower. A smaller pulley can make a difference of 10-20 horsepower or roughly a 10 percent gain over stock horsepower and torque levels. Small increases in boost can make larger increases in power. For example my 240 makes 250 horses or so at 10-11 psi but this figure increases to 330 with around 17 lbs of boost. A supercharger is not as efficient IMO but they do basically the same thing one on the intake side SC the other on the exhaust side TC..............
ahhh ok good point, the vg33 IMO is better suited with a s/c then a turbo due to they are heavy and they need that extra tq. i kinda wish mine had the s/c but even with my CAI and exhaust i think the n/a vg33 makes good tq. IMO i think a s/c is always the better choice for truck engines unless its a diesel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Jamanarr

Drag to hear about the job dilemma. Work has been grim. Got-tah dig that SC 4x though. I'm new to the web site myself and wished I had gotten that version of the SC Fronty Crew. Did I read that you have a long bed as well? Enjoyed the talk of 2.3 pulleys. Forgot about seeing that upgrade and will have to readdress it. Will have to look again were you're located and want for the SC 4x.

Wish you the best.
Mark S

21 - 24 of 24 Posts