Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an 02 Frontier SC 4x4 with 85 thousand miles... Great vehicle and I love it sooo far --- had a whiney supercharger then replaced belt no more supercharger whine.

Been into Nissans for a while have a

96 Nissan 240sx with a 340 whp sr20det and now a supercharged Nissan Frontier

·
Registered
346 Posts
Congrats man, now post some pics of her!

·
Registered
331 Posts
What up man! i have a 04 SVE (supercharged value edtion), so basicly its a base model SC. Its kool for me. The motor is realy all i care about. Its 4x4 crew cab with long bed. A few upgrads as well. Tell us about your 240, Post pics of both. By the way, Welcome to the Party!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tell us about your 240, Post pics of both.
the 240 has a s14 sr20det motor from a 98 jdm silvia

from there

I upgraded the turbo to a gt2871r
Nismo 740cc injectors
300zx brakes and MAF
apexi headgasket with arp headstuds to hold the 18 lbs of boost
Power FC management system with controller
tomei header powder coated silver
greddy fmic
apexi cold air intake
greddy boost controller

I think that is about it for now...made 337 whp and 311 ft lbs on the dyno and is tuned safe and gets around 25 mpg when not in boost all the time....

by the way has anyone installed a smaller pulley on the frontier sc to get some more boost? I love the boost.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry but due to my current financial situation looking to sell the green frontier asap. I paid 9 grand for it-- pm offers thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sorry to hear :(

·
Registered
278 Posts
No good man, sorry to hear. Hope you can bounce dude. Best of luck.

·
Registered
331 Posts
by the way has anyone installed a smaller pulley on the frontier sc to get some more boost? I love the boost.....
Dam man, sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you can recover quickly. Your 240 is nasty, bet ya run a low 13 in the 1/4? If ya end up keeping your frontier, I have a smaller pulley for my supercharger. I haven't installed it yet just been putting it off. I am curently recovering from double hernia surgrey. Ya i had 2 hernias, so i can barely walk. I'll install my pulley shortly after I start school in couple of weeks at Lincoln College of Technology for automechanics.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dam man, sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you can recover quickly. Your 240 is nasty, bet ya run a low 13 in the 1/4? If ya end up keeping your frontier, I have a smaller pulley for my supercharger. I haven't installed it yet just been putting it off. I am curently recovering from double hernia surgrey. Ya i had 2 hernias, so i can barely walk. I'll install my pulley shortly after I start school in couple of weeks at Lincoln College of Technology for automechanics.
should run 12s high 11s

·
Registered
331 Posts
should run 12s high 11s
Word, one of my really good friends has a 96 Neon that ran 11.64 @ 123mph here at Bandemire outside of Denver. Yeah its funny too, alot people laugh cuz its a neon. Its a sleeper, all stock outside two seats and a roll cage on the inside.

·
Registered
302 Posts
believe i have the 2.3 pulley on my truck. Trucks crankin a little over 152,000 miles. 03 SC.. Good luck.. Oil changes and maybe a belt.. other then that. RELIABILITY!!.... Nissan rocks! welcome.

·
Registered
331 Posts
believe i have the 2.3 pulley on my truck. Trucks crankin a little over 152,000 miles. 03 SC.. Good luck.. Oil changes and maybe a belt.. other then that. RELIABILITY!!.... Nissan rocks! welcome.
Word, I'll be puttin my 2.3 puley on soon. What spark plugs you runnin with them? What size exhuast?

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
first off welcome to the club. second sucks to see you have to sell your truck, i like that color. third that is a very nice looking 240sx, seems a lot of people forgot about them and went to more expensive cars. and BTW how much power would a 2.3 pulley give you over the stock 210? im not s/c'd but im just curious.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts