Nissan Frontier Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
could be a faulty clock spring?, i had to replace mine a while back because my horn stopped working after a while, your airbag plugs directly into that thing so maybe it crapped out on you,

ps after i replaced mine i had an airbag light, whent to my buddies garage and used his fancy shamcy car cumputer thing and cleared the code, no issues since.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Driver air bag module

After counting the blinks (2) and referencing the chart it says its the driver air bag module. Has anyone tried replacing this? I watched a video on youtube, but it was was for an automatic. I own a manual I assume its in the same area. Anybody have any experience?

·
Registered
29 Posts
After counting the blinks (2) and referencing the chart it says its the driver air bag module. Has anyone tried replacing this? I watched a video on youtube, but it was was for an automatic. I own a manual I assume its in the same area. Anybody have any experience?
You can buy a device on ebay which is exactly 2.2 ohms and simulates a good air bag. They're about $2 each if you get them sent directly from China. Search "air bag simulator". You unplug your air bag, plug in the simulator, and then drive the vehicle around to see if the problem reoccurs.

This is my 2 cents but I doubt that it's your air bag. It's much more likely to be the spiral cable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I replace the air bag control module, will I have to take the truck to the dealership to get it reprogrammed for my specific vehicle?

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Another happy DIY Reset Procedure customer here. After 12+ years, my airbag light mysteriously illuminated yesterday.

The reset sequence worked perfectly the first time through and all seems well now. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I must have tried these steps a hundred times and not once did I get the airbag light to go into diagnostics mode (slow blink) what am I doing wrong? Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can buy a device on ebay which is exactly 2.2 ohms and simulates a good air bag. They're about $2 each if you get them sent directly from China. Search "air bag simulator". You unplug your air bag, plug in the simulator, and then drive the vehicle around to see if the problem reoccurs.

This is my 2 cents but I doubt that it's your air bag. It's much more likely to be the spiral cable.
I got the two blinking lights in diagnostic mode. I looked up the device you mention and was thinking about getting it. As I recall, when I changed the clock spring a while back there were two connectors that attach to the airbag - orange and yellow. What are each one for? Which one does the simulator go to? Or do you need two simulators?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I removed the panel under the radio, and the AB light started flashing.
Forgot to disconnect the battery.
My scanner doesn't connect to my trucks AB system.
Went through the first suggestion.
Turn off, count to five, turn on, turn off, count to five.......
Didn't work.
Went through the second suggested procedure.
After running through all three.
Light stopped flashing.
We'll see tomorrow if it stays off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is no need to take it to the stealership. Most will charge you to reset it. I recentally added the PAC Nissan AAI-NIS2 aux audio input and my airbag light was flashing after the install. I didn't read all the instructions completely before installing. The instructions clearly state to disconnect the battery. I didn't see any need for it until after I was finished. I started my vehicle and I had the airbag light indicator blinking. I did a quick google and found the solution without having to go to the dealer. I did a search on this forum and couldn't find a solution. Sorry if this is on this forum somewhere but I couldn't find it. Here is the reset method and it worked for my 2005 Frontier.

RESET METHOD:

If you have the airbag light blinking here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.
Holy SH.t!! It worked!!! You are awesome...

·
Registered
24 Posts
New twist. My airbag light is flashing after a dead battery. The door had been left open and killed the battery to where it wouldn't even turn on the over head light. Charged the battery and now the airbag light is flashing. I did the key trick about 20 times, tried the door switch probably a dozen times. Any advice? I appreciate any help.

·
Super Moderator
19,634 Posts
New twist. My airbag light is flashing after a dead battery. The door had been left open and killed the battery to where it wouldn't even turn on the over head light. Charged the battery and now the airbag light is flashing. I did the key trick about 20 times, tried the door switch probably a dozen times. Any advice? I appreciate any help.
Reset it with a scan tool. You can buy a Bluetooth scanner from Amazon for under a hundred bucks that will scan engine, ABS and SRS and also reset the warning lights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is no need to take it to the stealership. Most will charge you to reset it. I recentally added the PAC Nissan AAI-NIS2 aux audio input and my airbag light was flashing after the install. I didn't read all the instructions completely before installing. The instructions clearly state to disconnect the battery. I didn't see any need for it until after I was finished. I started my vehicle and I had the airbag light indicator blinking. I did a quick google and found the solution without having to go to the dealer. I did a search on this forum and couldn't find a solution. Sorry if this is on this forum somewhere but I couldn't find it. Here is the reset method and it worked for my 2005 Frontier.

RESET METHOD:

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

RESET METHOD:

you are absolutely right about this fix, I've done it many times, but the problem is, the light always starts blinking again. Sometimes 5 minutes later, sometimes 30 minutes later, but it always starts again.

·
Super Moderator
19,634 Posts
Mine still comes on randomly every now and then. It came on today after i went over s speed bump. The same B1019 code. I cleared it with my BlueDriver scanner.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts