Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everett Car Dealerships Accused Of 'Bait And Switch' Scheme - News Story - KIRO Seattle The Washington State Attorney General's office Office said it's suing the owner of two Everett car dealerships, accusing Performance Nissan and Performance Kia of selling vehicles for more than their advertised prices in a "bait and switch" scheme.

In a news release issued Tuesday, the attorney general's office said the dealerships profited by advertising cars that had already been sold then steering consumers toward other, pricier vehicles.

The attorney general also accused the dealers of selling vehicles for thousands of dollars above the advertised price, changing the terms of a contract after it was negotiated and misrepresenting terms to Spanish-speaking customers.

Valeta King said she and her husband were at Performance Nissan in Everett last year looking at a 2008 Nissan Rogue. Her husband didn't want to buy the car.

"He was still convinced we were paying way too much. He wanted to walk away, but I really wanted the car," King said. "Then he found an ad on the Internet advertising it for more than a $1,000 less."

The owner of the dealerships, Huge Hall, denied many of the attorney general’s claims and said he’s been working with their office.

"If we made a mistake, we will resolve it, but we have tried to work with them the last three and a half years, unable to get a resolution," Hall said.

Hall’s attorney, Rick Ockerman, told The Daily Herald that the lawsuit stems from unethical conduct by a former employee who was fired several years ago.

"This all originated with a particular finance manager at Performance Nissan who was engaging in some inappropriate activity," Ockerman told the newspaper.

Hall insists the allegations have been corrected or did not happen as the AG alleges.

The AG insists the alleged bad business practices continue. King's experience happened last year.

The AG's office is seeking an injunction which would prohibit the two dealerships from engaging in deceptive sales practices. If the injunction is granted and the dealerships did it again, Hall may have to pay up to $25,000 per viola :thatswck:

·
Registered
310 Posts
I cannot stand those guys. They are so unprofessional and not very helpfull. I hope they get busted and a new owner takes over. I have to take my girls maxima to Renton to get serviced and I will purchase from them. It sucks because I live 5 min away and would rather make the 40 min trip to be treated like a human being.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts