Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
479 Posts
I also have the Nismo exhaust, sounds good. Pairs well with the aFe intake as well, which is nearly identical to the Z1 Intake. The induction noise fills out the exhaust sound well.

Can't speak a ton to real world performance I didn't notice a significant difference, but Z1 Dyno'd their own exhaust which has a similar design and found a small power bump at high RPMs.

Reactions: twoliggett

· Registered
511 Posts
I did a custom exhaust on mine, went with a Flowmaster 50 series and am happy with it.

I think for bolt on exhausts there are 4 out now 1. Magnaflow 2. Nismo 3. Z1 4. Stillen

I have seen them $850-1100. Right now is a good time to get one with black Friday sales going on.

I had the AFE intake already when I added the exhaust and am not to sure how exhaust only will affect performance?

Combined with the intake and exhaust I am very happy how mine runs.

Right now with Z1 having a sale I think you can get both the intake&Exhaust for $1200.

· Vendor
2022 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X
44 Posts
I am running the Z1 Cold Air Intake and Z1's Performance Exhaust System. The exhaust is made of 100% 304 Stainless Steel with cast 304 flanges. This is a great choice when looking for a well made performance exhaust. This exhaust with the intake combo sounds amazing! We have a video clip of the exhaust sound and performance chart on the site. We also offer exhaust tip options, as well as our Black Friday Sale going on right now with this exhaust - 2022+ Nissan Frontier Power Package - Level 1 - Z1 Off-Road - Performance OEM and Aftermarket Engineered Parts Global Leader Nissan Truck & SUV

· Registered
511 Posts
I am running the Z1 Cold Air Intake and Z1's Performance Exhaust System. The exhaust is made of 100% 304 Stainless Steel with cast 304 flanges. This is a great choice when looking for a well made performance exhaust. This exhaust with the intake combo sounds amazing! We have a video clip of the exhaust sound and performance chart on the site. We also offer exhaust tip options, as well as our Black Friday Sale going on right now with this exhaust - 2022+ Nissan Frontier Power Package - Level 1 - Z1 Off-Road - Performance OEM and Aftermarket Engineered Parts Global Leader Nissan Truck & SUV
It would be nice to see a dyno chart showing a completely stock Frontier vs having both intake&exhaust together to see the difference.

From personal experience these 2 mods are the most common for performance. I know when I did my AFE intake first I was slightly disappointed until I did the exhaust. Then the truck really opened up once I had both mods done and runs really good now.

· Registered
61 Posts
It would be nice to see a dyno chart showing a completely stock Frontier vs having both intake&exhaust together to see the difference.

From personal experience these 2 mods are the most common for performance. I know when I did my AFE intake first I was slightly disappointed until I did the exhaust. Then the truck really opened up once I had both mods done and runs really good now.
Here's a dyno with the intake 2022+ Frontier Cold Air Intake by Z1 Off-Road - Z1 Off-Road - Performance OEM and Aftermarket Engineered Parts Global Leader Nissan Truck & SUV. You can prob expect 10whp gain and that depends on elevation and fuel used. Exhaust mods are small in gains especially for a V6. Most buy them for sound and to get rid of their rusted out units.

· Vendor
2022 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X
44 Posts

Yes, I completely agree with you. We have it on the schedule to get performance numbers for the combination. Been tricky getting shop and dyno time on the books with the holiday schedules. We cant wait to share the results.

· Registered
511 Posts
Yes, I completely agree with you. We have it on the schedule to get performance numbers for the combination. Been tricky getting shop and dyno time on the books with the holiday schedules. We cant wait to share the results.
Thanks for the reply and would be awesome to see both together.

I have the AFE intake(I know not Z1 sorry) and did not notice a whole lot until the upper RPM range, but when I added the exhaust it opened it up quite a bit even down low.

I know holidays are hectic, but when there is a chance to dyno would love to see with both mods vs just doing intake or exhaust solo.

· Registered
2022 Frontier S Crew Cab
236 Posts
I also have the Nismo exhaust, sounds good. Pairs well with the aFe intake as well, which is nearly identical to the Z1 Intake. The induction noise fills out the exhaust sound well.

Can't speak a ton to real world performance I didn't notice a significant difference, but Z1 Dyno'd their own exhaust which has a similar design and found a small power bump at high RPMs.
Do you get any droning or resonance at highway speeds?

· Registered
479 Posts
Do you get any droning or resonance at highway speeds?
Absolutely no droning at all, sounds like the stock exhaust on the interstate unless you get on it. Nismo stated they specifically designed it not to and it makes you wonder why Nissan put so many resonators on the stock exhaust since the Nismo exhaust removes them all and introduces a muffler with half the volume and it still has no drone or resonance.

IMO this should have been the default exhaust with the Pro-4x package. In addition to the Nismo Wheels.

It's not a super aggressive exhaust either. I have the Nismo catback kit on my RS and it's pretty aggressive so I was surprised how restrained this one is. You get a nice burble at mid RPM and it gets pretty noticeable at higher RPMs but it's not a super showy sound all around.

· Registered
511 Posts
Absolutely no droning at all, sounds like the stock exhaust on the interstate unless you get on it. Nismo stated they specifically designed it not to and it makes you wonder why Nissan put so many resonators on the stock exhaust since the Nismo exhaust removes them all and introduces a muffler with half the volume and it still has no drone or resonance.

IMO this should have been the default exhaust with the Pro-4x package. In addition to the Nismo Wheels.

It's not a super aggressive exhaust either. I have the Nismo catback kit on my RS and it's pretty aggressive so I was surprised how restrained this one is. You get a nice burble at mid RPM and it gets pretty noticeable at higher RPMs but it's not a super showy sound all around.
I wanted to ask if the Nismo exhaust piping is the same size as the stock piping?

I see the piping is 2.5 inch, is the piping coming out of the muffler the size to?

· Registered
479 Posts
I wanted to ask if the Nismo exhaust piping is the same size as the stock piping?

I see the piping is 2.5 inch, is the piping coming out of the muffler the size to?
All of the piping including out of the muffler is 2.5". As I'm sure you saw it flares out heavily though into a Nismo branded exhaust tip that appears to be about 3.5".

• Helpful
Reactions: twoliggett

· Registered
511 Posts
All of the piping including out of the muffler is 2.5". As I'm sure you saw it flares out heavily though into a Nismo branded exhaust tip that appears to be about 3.5".
Thanks for the info!

I see most aftermarket exhaust(Magnaflow, Z1, and Stillen) use 2.5 inch to a Y or muffler than 3 inch out of the muffler.

I see you have the AFE intake to, I bet it runs amazing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts