Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if there is a dedicated thread for this, but what products do you use, avoid and recommend for your Frontier?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
No additives, all Amsoil except the transmission.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Pretty strong believer that additives are not required ever. The only additive I'll use on occasion is the Techron Concentrated Fuel System cleaner. While I notice zero difference when it goes in the truck, on my carb'ed dirt bikes it works wonders for getting rid of little issues related to a dirty carb without disassembly. I figure if it helps some on the bikes it can't be hurting the truck it also only like $3 on sale. Besides that, most additives are not worth the money.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Pretty strong believer that additives are not required ever. The only additive I'll use on occasion is the Techron Concentrated Fuel System cleaner. While I notice zero difference when it goes in the truck, on my carb'ed dirt bikes it works wonders for getting rid of little issues related to a dirty carb without disassembly. I figure if it helps some on the bikes it can't be hurting the truck it also only like $3 on sale. Besides that, most additives are not worth the money.
I use the techron evert oil change on my truck.
Startron in my atv fuel and seafoam on my motorcycle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd say additives weren't necessary if they weren't putting ethanol in the gas. That stuff destroys my lawn equipment.

I have tried many products and had good luck with the Restore products on high mileage vehicles. I have changed over to full synthetic for oil changes and use the Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant and cleaner in my gas regularly. I like Sea Foam with oil changes as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have added this to all my family vehicles and with great success when tested before and after on my dyno.
AMSOIL P.i. Performance Improver Gasoline Additive

Just added this addtive today to my 189000 mile 2006 Frontier SE and going to be changing the plugs on it this week when I get a chance from doing stuff at the shop. I have been seeing a little hesitation at idle in the mornings and even see the fuel corrections fluctuate a little on the uprev datalogs.

Will report back when i get the truck back on the my dyno.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have added this to all my family vehicles and with great success when tested before and after on my dyno.
AMSOIL P.i. Performance Improver Gasoline Additive

Just added this addtive today to my 189000 mile 2006 Frontier SE and going to be changing the plugs on it this week when I get a chance from doing stuff at the shop. I have been seeing a little hesitation at idle in the mornings and even see the fuel corrections fluctuate a little on the uprev datalogs.

Will report back when i get the truck back on the my dyno.
Let us know how your plugs look. The biggest complaint I've heard of fuel additives is that they foul plugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts