Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am apologizing first, for my B1tching to come!

People keep running into my truck and I'm pissed! :pullout:

The first time, a nice little old lady backed into me. She was going really slow and just touched the truck, right behind the rear drivers tire.
The only damage she did was a lot of scratches, so it was no big deal; I buffed most of them out.

But now, some one hit me again, in the same f*ing place, only now its worse.
The bed is creased and dented in. I popped some of it out, but the metal is stretched and would require body work to make it smooth again.

What is worse is that I had to find this one on my own, no one bothered to fess up and tell me it happened! It really pisses me off! :usuck:

It's not like my truck is in "show room" condition (there are a bunch of scratches all over the truck), I just hate that it now has dented panels.

Well, I feel better now that I was able to vent. Feel free to do the same.

·
Registered
138 Posts
A-holes!! I hate people whom do not take accountability for their own actions. I am sooo cautious about where I park my truck. I know it is a matter of time before I get or hit someone but 1 year and 1 month running and still looks brand new. I am scared though... it will happen. That's life.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Just lift it high enough so that your body is above everyone else...no more dents.
^^agreed :fantastic:

I got rear ended by a civic not too long ago, barely got the bottom of my bumper with a scratch and wrecked her car :laugh:

Good luck with the repairs man

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I hear you man!!!

The BIG A$$ dent in the bed pisses me off more than anything. Screw the bumper. I have more dents in the doors but couldn't get a good pic. There was nobody in sight at Walmart when the dent in the bed happened! Screw people!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
same thing happened to my wife's car when we bought it new. 2 dents from 2 different places in the first week. of course no one left a note or owned up to the damage. the car has since been hit with 2 more dents over the last 2 years, some cars just attract the bad kind of attention. good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Yeah my sister had a Civic Si that she was trying to keep dent free. She parked it in two parking places one day and someone didn't like that, they dented in both doors! That car was cursed. The last of it's days was being hit by a flaming semi truck tire, seriously no lie it was on fire. Right into the passenger side and made the roof look like an upside down taco.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Just lift it high enough so that your body is above everyone else...no more dents.
And I really like this idea! I loved lowered trucks but I'm sick of tickets and sick of dents. In Texas lifting your truck earns you some kinda pass to do stupid shi. I am thinking about it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Claim it on your insurance. Do you have uninsured motorist coverage?
I would but it would cost me $250. I can think of allot of other things to spend that money on.
Plus, they would end up repainting the one section, and it would be all shiny and new. Then down the road in a few years when the rest of the crappy Nissan paint looks like sh!t, it would not match.
Seams like a waste to me.

I like this idea best! Too bad I don't have the money to do it right now!

·
Registered
196 Posts
i backed into a vehicle and cause damage to the bumper and creased the bed. cost me 1800 to have fix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Accidents Happen

I'm tired of getting hit too. In fact that's how I ended up in this forum. My 2004 Xterra was banged up 3 weeks ago. I used the $13,000 Progressive gave me to buy my 2010 Frontier SE CC. Ironically, it was a black Frontier that hit me. Check out the pics.

The Frontier swept me like on "Worlds Scariest Police Chases"

After getting swept, I started spinning counterclockwise. Then I got hit a second time by the same frontier on the front driver's side.

Finally I came to rest against someone else's car.

I loved my Xterra. It had been paid off for 3 years, had brand new tires, and was in excellent condition. It also only had 60,000 miles. I was pretty pissed. However, had that not happened I would have never got that much on a trade in.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
Claim it on your insurance. Do you have uninsured motorist coverage?
not sure how uninsured motorist coverage works in oregon (op) or texas, but in oklahoma, they only have to cover medical expenses if someone is injured directly from the crash.
My cousin was hit by an uninsured drunk that was going to turn himself in for a parole violation. Three vehicles was totaled, my cousin was in the middle. The only recourse he had was try to sue the driver that caused the crash and he might get something if/when the guy got out of jail.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am apologizing first, for my B1tching to come!

People keep running into my truck and I'm pissed! :pullout:

The first time, a nice little old lady backed into me. She was going really slow and just touched the truck, right behind the rear drivers tire.
The only damage she did was a lot of scratches, so it was no big deal; I buffed most of them out.

But now, some one hit me again, in the same f*ing place, only now its worse.
The bed is creased and dented in. I popped some of it out, but the metal is stretched and would require body work to make it smooth again.

What is worse is that I had to find this one on my own, no one bothered to fess up and tell me it happened! It really pisses me off! :usuck:

It's not like my truck is in "show room" condition (there are a bunch of scratches all over the truck), I just hate that it now has dented panels.

Well, I feel better now that I was able to vent. Feel free to do the same.
I would have checked with the place you were at when it happened to see if they have security cameras. Then filed a police report for hit and run, gotten a lawyer, and sued the person who did it.

If it's a retail place, they have cameras inside, and if they have cameras outside you can tie the appearance of the person as they walk out of the building, all the way back from the car (start at the incident) - with that you can track to the cashier, who will have the transaction on record, and these days, more than likely, someone will use a debit/check card, linking to a person's name, bank, and generally street address.

They get served papers for hit and run, you insurance goes after them, you get new panels....epic win.

not sure how uninsured motorist coverage works in oregon (op) or texas, but in oklahoma, they only have to cover medical expenses if someone is injured directly from the crash.
My cousin was hit by an uninsured drunk that was going to turn himself in for a parole violation. Three vehicles was totaled, my cousin was in the middle. The only recourse he had was try to sue the driver that caused the crash and he might get something if/when the guy got out of jail.
In Oklahoma, something like the OP's issue would be covered under Collision coverage, and the deductible would be in effect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts