Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mortality rate for infected old farts bother me - I am one. Oh well, been through some other bad sh**.. good luck boys.

Age Group — Mortality Rate

0-9 — <.01 percent
10-19 — .02 percent
20-29 — .09 percent
30-39 — .18 percent
40-49 — .40 percent
50-59 — 1.3 percent
60-69 — 4.6 percent
70-79 — 9.8 percent
80 & up — 18 percent

im a lil nervous since i'm a diabetic and have chf....but im not cowering at home like a hermit either just being a lil more cautious like say if it was a bad flu season(age 53)

·
Registered
902 Posts
damn im glad im not in IL
that article is a bit misleading. declaring an emergency is a situational based issue, such as in this case.
with respect to firearms, gasoline, ammunition, food, price fixing etc has been in the Champaign ordinance
for 50 years and no one appears to have made much of a fuss over it. Local executive language such as
that codified in the Champaign ordinance is pretty much boilerplate in many many jurisdictions in the USA.
still, whether this was the intention of the Mayor or not, the broad scope of powers activated at this time
does raise concern. perhaps the'll use this opportunity to amend the Champaign emergency powers
language to a less threatening level.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Kung-fu flu

·
Registered
664 Posts
Up to date tracker world-wide. The worse is yet to come here in North America, I believe. Coronavirus Update (Live): 287,288 Cases and 11,893 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer
Don't mix up actual cases with head count.
You could have 5 million infected folks but only 20,000 counted. You can then do a lot of tests and your count jumps to 100,000. But there are still the same 5 million infected.

The only number that matters is the death count, which is very low worldwide... about 12,000. The death rate from the regular flu worldwide is about 500,000 each year.

·
Registered
531 Posts
yeah, but that implies a numbers game again, which is also misleading since one is 500k in a year vs 12k in 3 months with an apparent much higher potential and infection rate. the germ spread lingers longer and there is no vaccine to aid in abating covid. so tossing numbers to support an argument isn't really anything but anecdotal, at this point

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Mrs. Cusser and I went out for dinner last night (Sunday night, Phoenix AZ), a locally-owned restaurant.
The restaurant closed permanently the next day.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Arizona governor declared that golf courses are "essential businesses"

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
There you have it folks, Cusser's Fu is so powerful, he ended a whole business by simply eating there.

Seriously, though, folks, stay safe out there. I dont smoke cigars and I think I'm a little lighter than this fella, but the rest is accurate. I might switch out the bottle for Jameson's. I oiled and checked all my BoomBooms four days ago, just before our MD 5:00PM business curfew took effect.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Things here in South Carolina are pretty shut down. I don't think you want to get this. If its still around in the fall maybe - for herd immunity - but healthy people die from Pneumonia every day - and if you did need to go to the hospital now your going to be in line behind all the hypochondriacs and served by medical staff that are tired grumpy and have no supplies. Not inputs to a good outcome.

My issue is everything is shut down but people refuse to keep their distance - which I like my personal space on a good day. Why is this so hard for people to understand. Its a big store - if you stand 3 feet back no one is going to cut into your line.

On the plus side they had lots of beer. I stocked up - in case they declare martial law or whatever.

·
Registered
902 Posts
they just closed the ONE AND ONLY gun store in the peninsula (bay area, CA) .... no bueno....

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
they just closed the ONE AND ONLY gun store in the peninsula (bay area, CA) .... no bueno....
Yeah, watch this Rob, after this whole thing passes your chucklenut knuckle-draggers in Sacramento will pull out some bullcrap "statistics" proving that gun violence dropped so they can once again defy the Federal Gov't and the 2A and keep the gun stores closed. You packing to move out yet?

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Well, I was handed my "COVID-19 Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce" get out of jail free hall pass, so, looks like no time off for this Sean....

With that said, one of my customers just ordered an extra order of 600k parts for a medical item we make for them, so, I'm happy to be working and providing a service.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yeah, watch this Rob, after this whole thing passes your chucklenut knuckle-draggers in Sacramento will pull out some bullcrap "statistics" proving that gun violence dropped so they can once again defy the Federal Gov't and the 2A and keep the gun stores closed. You packing to move out yet?
THIS!!! I'm not moving out, but am gonna run to the hills when/if shits gets funky.... buddy has about 70 acres that borders the national forest.... would be a man hunt and a half to find me

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
THIS!!! I'm not moving out, but am gonna run to the hills when/if shits gets funky.... buddy has about 70 acres that borders the national forest.... would be a man hunt and a half to find me
Hey for the hills bud, be safe.

61 - 80 of 142 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.