Nissan Frontier Forum banner
61 - 80 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
there is a chromoly sleeve between the heim and high steer arm with a F911 bolt running thru the high steer arm and steering arm on the knuckle

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i see, it was hard to tell if it was going through the knuckle or not.

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
with a roll cage goin in the seats i had in the truck sat a little to high
here is one of the new seats with custom seat mounts i made up which lowered the seats about an 1-1/2"

·
Registered
969 Posts
Im a super newb when it comes to this off roading stuff. But im curious what the hydrolic ram does on the front axle? Push the suspension around when you have it in a bind?

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
the ram is referred as hydro assist which basically gives a boost to help out the steering when running bigger tires and rock crawling
without hydro assist is very hard to turn when the tires are wedge in rocks or trying to turn into a rock

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
yes i made the bumper , had a shop bend some tubing to match what i had mocked up using emt
forgot to put these on here

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
working on converting the rear axle to full float
flanges are welded on , not much else i can do until the other parts come in but at least i can order the axle shafts now so im hoping have this wrapped up by next weekend

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
should be able to get the rear axle all put together minus the axle shafts which should be in some time next week
meanwhile i finally got the beadlocks in and got 2 of them put together , nice workout putting those things together

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
well for the most part everything is done , need to get new brakelines made up and waiting on the axle shafts

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
well gonna take about few feet off the back of the truck to get a better departure angle
plan is to have the bob look like the photo shop in the 1st pic minus the lower bar

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Dude... I would tell you how badass that is. But you already know. Either way, nice work, as always. I imagine the 2nd gen is getting neglected with all this work on the 1st gen.

Thanks again for the M205. Can't wait to get it built. But, honestly... the 35's feel pretty good with the 3.69's. I mean, it's nothing like stock. I don't mind it at all though. At least in town and on the highway.

I haven't taken it up to the hills yet. On the slow stuff I prefer to throw it in 4-lo anyways and that gets me where I need to go comfortably.

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
haha thanks :)
yeah the 2nd gen is gonna be getting some stuff done new steering rack ,may end up getting another titan diff and go to 4.10s and probably new LCA
foot and half of frame and 78lbs later :grinpimp:
still got some little stuff to finish up but most of the fabbing is done

comparison pic

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The body stays! lol
Oh no, you should definitely get rid of the body. Only a little (a.k.a. a lot) more work and you won't even be able to tell it was once a frontier.

61 - 80 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.